HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Urology (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/urology/)
-   -   can you share your symptoms of kidney stones? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/urology/109095-can-you-share-your-symptoms-kidney-stones.html)

AnitaG 02-27-2003 08:47 PM

can you share your symptoms of kidney stones?

I have been having quite a time with UTI's and just recently visited a urologist. He is doing some testing and thinks I may have kidney stones and also looking for some type of reflux. I am curious as to what type of symtpoms others have with kidney stones. I have been having lower back pain, flank pain which radiates down the left side and into my hip and upper leg area, when this hits it is very uncomfortable and can't sit for any period of time. At times I have a stabbing feeling in the upper part of my back but it doesn't last for long, just comes and goes. I seem to have this flank pain daily now and the pain in my hip and upper leg. I also have this bubble bulging type thing along the part of your body where the groin and upper thigh meet, the part that bends. I can't really describe it as it just seems to be a bulge of some type, not tender or anything, just there. I haven't asked my doctor about it as I didn't think much about it but now am beginning to wonder if it doesn't have some connection to my problems. I had a CT done today, an IVP last week and will find out what the doctor thinks next week. In the meantime, hope someone shares there symptoms with me. Thanks!

Anita

ds4832 03-09-2003 02:14 PM

i had very intense pain that no OTC medication could relieve..it woke me up from a sound sleep..at first i thought i had a bad gas pain (my side hurt)..went to the bathroom, pain didnt subside..it was the worse pain i've ever felt..only thing that relieved it, prior to passing it, was the demerol i was given at the ER and while i was in the hospital overnight.. I also had nausea and vomiting

kateytwo 03-09-2003 03:13 PM

Began with overall feeling of not being well-- nausea, crampy, just not well. Pain began in side/flank. Hurt worse when I sat down. Radiating, searing pain that rapidly got worse. I thought I was okay to drive to school, thought I would get better (had no idea what was wrong, dad is a doctor, told me I had the flu!). Wrong!

The absolute worst pain I have ever been in. Nausea and horrible back and side pain. I turned around in my car and drove the whole way home screaming at the top of my lungs and running stop signs. My parents drove me to the ER, where I immediately passed it. The whole way there I was doing lamaze breathing-- I couldn't believe I had not passed out! Right after passing it I can remember rocking back and forth, side to side, unable to control my movement. They told me that was common for people passing stones.

It was the only one I have had so far, and unlike some, mine came on suddenly and was very intense but the whole episode lasted maybe an hour. My cousin has them and she'll be in pain, but it is manageable with drugs and the stones will stay for days and days before passing.