It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2003, 10:24 AM   #1

luvsrustywallace HB User
Unhappy cystoscopy today

Hi...today I went to the urologist for a bladder infection that would not go away and incontinance...i had a LAVH on 2/19 and have been on 4 differant antibiotics in the last 7 weeks...anyways...I went in and he did a cystoscopy and even after i urinated to give him the urine specimen i sure did pee.....he could not believe how much urine came out....so anyways...he put me on macrobid and urecholine and I have to go back in a month for urodynamic studies and a bladder scan...has anyone ever had these problems?? and or a urodynamic test or bladder scan?? I am going nuts!!!!!

------------------

Old 04-08-2003, 08:54 PM   #2
Inactive

ds4832 HB User
i've been battling a UTI for the last 4 weeks..am on my 3rd round of antibiotics..i've also had mild incontinence...i havent been referred to an urologist though..why did you end up having to see one?..have you had recurrent UTI's in the past?..this is the first one i ever remember having and I know what you mean about it driving you nuts..i'm right there with you!...good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2003, 05:03 AM   #3

luvsrustywallace HB User
I used to get UTI's occasionally...this round of UTI's came from a catheter they put in during my hysterectomy, my gynecologist treated me but could do nothing more...so she sent me to the urologist. He has concluded that my bladder infections are being caused by my urinary retention, I cannot fully empty my bladder. I go for urodynmic studies May 6th to find out more.....

Old 04-11-2003, 12:53 PM   #4
Veteran

RageOfAngels HB User
Hi, I have had numerous severe urinary troubles and right now am battling a prostate infection. But I wanted to let you know that if you are or have taken antibiotics for any length of time, you really need to take a probiotic to replace the good colon bacteria that any antibiotic kills off. Without replenishing this bacteria properly, you will end up with more health problems soon down the road, such as Candida/yeast problems, constipation, fatigue, foggy brain, and many other potential symptoms.

Take it from me, I had to find this out the very hard way over the years. I now take a capsule called Primal Defense, it is the best probiotic I've tried. It's available in any Vitamin Shoppe catalog/store. Antibiotics are sometimes necessary, but unfortunately no one tells you that in addition to killing the bad bacteria, they also destroy the good ones that your body needs to function properly.

Good luck,
Al

Old 04-11-2003, 04:37 PM   #5
(female)

Sehsun HB User
Hello! I have had a urodynamic study before....this is a very accurate study that tests the function of your bladder using EKG wires and other stuff. I was put in a chair that went up kinda high. The nurse put in both a urethral and rectal catheter.....and that's what I was worried about before I went in, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I hope all goes well!

Old 04-14-2003, 04:41 AM   #6

luvsrustywallace HB User
Well then you are so right the urodynamic study does not sound fun at all, but I suppose I will have to have it done...oh well. I am on urocholine right now...I am not so sure that it is working, I think it is to help my bladder empty all the way, but that is not happening.

Old 04-17-2003, 04:34 PM   #7

RAG HB User
I've had a urodynamic test as well. Having anything inserted up "there" and "there" is not enjoyable, but I thought the worst part was the filling of the bladder. I mean, they FILL it and you feel like you're going to burst. But, the test is interesting in being able to tell you your bladder capacity, how the various muscles are functioning and controls (or doesn't) the flow, when you first "sense" an urge to go...it measures everything. So hopefully you'll get some answers!

Old 04-18-2003, 08:34 PM   #8
Inactive

ds4832 HB User
after halfway through my 4th round of antibiotics i decided to go back to the dr..dr did a pelvic and pap exam and determined that my problem is not a UTI (urine came out clean)afterall..seems its a yeast infection in my bladder...was put on diflucan for 2 days..i've got a bit of relief..am hoping this will do the trick........hope your urodynamic test goes well..it doesnt sound like much fun but if it helps to diagnose your problem i'm sure it will be well worth it......good luck

Closed Thread