It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2003, 12:49 PM   #1

miaeli HB User
Post UTI or something else?

About 2 months ago I got a yeast infection while I was on antibiotics. I had a lot of burning in the vulvar area that took several treatments to get rid of. I still don't know if it's completely gone. For about the last 4 weeks I've had pain and burning centered in the area between the inner labia. I thought I might be getting a UTI on top of everything else but I've had 2 urinalysis' and a urine culture that came back fine. The area seems to hurt and burn on and off. I'm wondering if it could be my urethra. Sometimes it starts after I urinate and continues all day. Could this be some other kind of infection that's not going away because it hasn't been diagnosed properly? Also, can yeast infections cause secondary infections like this? What other urinary infections are out there that would show a negative urine culture?

Old 04-11-2003, 12:57 PM   #2
Veteran

RageOfAngels HB User
Hi,

If you were a male I'd say it was a prostate infection, however in the case of a female I am not sure what exactly would be going on there, I wish I did.

However, I do want to give you the same advice I gave on other posts, which is that if you are or have taken antibiotics for any length of time, you really need to take a probiotic to replace the good colon bacteria that any antibiotic kills off. Without replenishing this bacteria properly, it leads to Candida/yeast problems, constipation, fatigue, foggy brain, and many other potential symptoms.

Take it from me, I had to find this out the very hard way over the years. I now take a capsule called Primal Defense, it is the best probiotic I've tried. It's available in any Vitamin Shoppe catalog/store. Antibiotics are sometimes necessary, but unfortunately no one tells you that in addition to killing the bad bacteria, they also destroy the good ones that your body needs to function properly.

Good luck,
Al

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2003, 09:03 PM   #3
Inactive

ds4832 HB User
i recently found out that a yeast infection can travel up into the bladder..you might want to ask your dr about this..i thought (along with my dr) i was battling a UTI and after 4 weeks of antibiotic treatment that wasnt working my dr did a pelvic and pap exam and thinks it may be a yeast infection that has traveled into my bladder.my dr put me on diflucan (2 doses) and i'm starting to feel some relief..just a thought for you..i know i was willing to try anything and everything to get rid of my symptoms..i conatantly had the urge to urinate but would pass very little when i went to the bathroom..i also had mild burning/itching in the vaginal area...hopefully you'll find some relief soon..keep on your dr's until you get the relief you deserve.....good luck

Closed Thread