It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2003, 04:06 AM   #1

mety HB User
Question Re-occuring urine infection

I was diagnosed with pyelonephritis (kidney infection) last year and was placed on a long course of cephelaxin. I came of the tabs 2 months ago, but have still been experiencing aches and pains to my upper and lower back, abdomen and left kidney area. Also, in the last fortnight I have had two urinary infections. My doc suggests that my aches are down to my kidney scarring, but I'm not so convinced. He's at a complete loss as to the cause of my recent infection. The cause of my pyelonephritis is even a mystery. Has anyone had a similar experience of pyelonephritis/kidney scarring and/or re-occuring urinary infection? What are the reasons for a re-occuring infection? Is it possible for infection to develop from the kidney to the bladder? Seeing that my only UTI symptoms are abdominal discomfort and not burning on urination, what are the possibilities? Sorry for asking what are seemingly basic questions, but my doc is not very forthcoming with his information - more a wait and see attitude.
Thanks.
30 year old, seemingly healthy male!

Old 05-24-2003, 08:46 PM   #2
(female)

jencor2 HB User
your symptoms sound just like mine I too have had recurrent infections and pyelonephritis which I was hospitlized with I have had an ivp and a ct scan done and both r normal yet I still have the infection and I have taken so many antibotics the urolist I went too didnt seem to care so I am going to go to an obgyn what have u found out let me know and I hope u r feeling better

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread