i'm female but i too have been experiencing urethral spasms...my urologist diagnosed me as having irritation fo the bladder and urethra and that irritation is whats causing the spasms......have you had a tract infection recently?..this is what triggered all of my problems..i've been dealing with it for the last 3 months.
I dont think ive had a tract infection before, but i did experience some slight discomfort in my urethra after having sex a few weeks ago, it could possibly be a tract infection, ive pondered that before, did ur doctor prescribe any medecines? or tell you how to cope with them? have they subsided or have they gotten worse for you?
i was finally referred to a urologist who did a urine test (negative for infection),full cytology report (negative for infection), an IVP (ro rule out any stones, or other abnormalities), and finally a cystoscopy which showed the irritation..he prescribed me Urised twice a day..i'm not getting much relief from that medicine..i called my urologist and informed him of this..he wants to see me back 6/3...so i guess he'll prescribe something else.....do you have any pain, burning during urination, itching, etc?.these are classic signs of a tract infection however the only symptoms i was/am having was the constant urge to urinate and pelvic pressure...you should increase your daily water consumption to see if this helps..if it persists for much longer i would go and make sure its not an infection..if its an infection and its left untreated it could move up to your kidneys which could be dangerous.....take care
Well some symptoms I have had recently in the last few days was
- constipation yesterday, not sure if thats related
- some uncomfortablity in my urethra, not necessarily long bouts of burning or pain, but i get the occasional stinging feeling maybe once a day, i was under the impression the burning sensation only came during your urinations, i experience no pain urinating or ejaculating,
- and im starting to get some other bodily pains around the pelvic area, but they arent serious, they usually go away
- 2 urinations ago, my urine was cloudy but that could be from the calcium tablets i took this morning, but my very last urination looked clear
- weaker urination streams, and slight leaking after i pee, but i dont have a constant urge to urinate or experience pain during them
at this point, im not even sure if its pyschosomatic or not, just because i havent been sleeping because of the trembles, i also feel like the trembles arent urethral specific, but also i feel them between my testicles and anus, at the base of the penis, possibly the prostate, im not sure, not an anatomist
what do you think now?
btw, i just wanted to take the time to thank you for replying to my concerns, its real easy to read and not offer any advice to someone who is experiencing physical discomfort and emotional distress
i wish there was something i knew that could help you out with your problem
[This message has been edited by defs (edited 05-30-2003).]
hello again..with your symptoms (weaker urine stream,cloudy urine,leakage) i would submit a urine sample to your dr..it only takes about 15 minutes for your dr to test for a tract infection..and usually they are easily treatable--3=5 days of antibiotics....