HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Urology (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/urology/)
-   -   PLEASE HELP! Very frustrated about frequent urination and no conclusive answers (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/urology/109163-please-help-very-frustrated-about-frequent-urination-no-conclusive-answers.html)

kathryna 06-05-2003 01:51 PM

PLEASE HELP! Very frustrated about frequent urination and no conclusive answers

I would appreciate any input on what I am suffering from. For about five weeks now, I've been suffering from frequent urination. Basically the urge to urinate constantly. Sometimes, in the mornings it's not so bad but espcially at night it's bad. So I went to my family doctor and he did treated me for a urinary tract infection, which I've had before and feels exactly like what I have. But the cipro which he prescribed did nothing. So he did a urine test which came out clean, no bacteria. So, I went to a gynocologist who did a pap smear and test for Chylamydia, gonorrhea, trichonomysis, yeast infection and syphillis which all came back negative. My family doctor suggested I go back to the gynocologist but what else can she check for? Shouldn't I see a urologist instead? What can I possibly have? This is driving me crazy! I have no health insurance either so it's also frustrating financially to have to keep going back for these tests and prescriptions which do nothing. Could somebody please give me some advice.

kellie2 06-05-2003 05:45 PM

If it was me, and I were in your shoes with no insurance, I think I would go to a urologist who will check you and diagnosis you first time around. You've tried the others and they're at a loss; also, if you keep going to them, they're simply going to keep trying different things on you because they don't really know what's wrong. A UTI is pretty simple to diagnosis and treat. But anything beyond that, they're lost. So it may be smarter in the long run to just go to a urologist who specailizes in this sort of thing, as eventually you're going to be referred to one, anyway. Good luck.

ds4832 06-05-2003 06:56 PM

hello :)..youre suffering from the same symptoms as i am..if you'd read the post titled "question for women" this might give you some insight...i've posted several other times..cant exactly remember the titles but you can look for posts from "ds4832"...my symptoms have been going on since late february/early march..and i'm still dealing with it..i'm under the care of a urologist, which so far isnt helping..i've had an IVP (negative except for a small stone in kidney) and a cystoscope (showed mild irritation in bladder) done with a complete cytology report, plus numerous urine tests...my next step is going to be from my GYN next week..i need and want answers...i fully understand how insane the constant feeling of having to urinate can make someone..i'm right there with you....keep pressing your dr's for answers..eventually you'll be disgnosed and treated accordingly--thats what i keep telling myself........question--did your symptoms come on you suddenly?..mine showed up avernight..one day i was fine, next day i was miserable and have been since....good luck and keep posting.... :)..diana

hry33 06-06-2003 02:35 PM

To Kath,
it could simply be anxiety, imipramine, an antidepressant in a small dose calms the bladder as a side effect and is sometimes used for bedwetting.
I had the same problem, with constant burning and this finally cured me.

if no infection can be found in the urine, maybe there is no infection in the bladder.....