It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2003, 06:09 PM   #1

Roto059 HB User
Red face Odd problem w/ left testicle

My problem started about 5 days ago. I'm 16 BTW. I had a slight irritating pain in my left testicle only when i touched it in a certain spot. I figured it would go away so I let it along. Over the next 2 days I still had it but it didn't get any worse. The pain was a very dull pain around the top of the testicle or around where the tubes are (not sure what the word for them is). I felt around and there was no lump and the pain wasn't that bad at all but it was still a little annoying. Over the last few days it started to get a little better very slowly but it still feels a little sore or vulnerable when I feel it around with my hand. I may just be paranoid though, maybe I am just looking for a problem. I also noticed that my left testicle is hanging a little lower which I think is normal but I never had this before, they both used to hang even. It also looks as if it is hanging back further or sideways as it putrudes out the back more and it's not even with the other. It's not swollen though, it's just hanging differently than usual. I just wanted to know if any of this is a problem, or what it may be caused by. It has been a nuisance for the last few days now. I haven't been doing anything differently than usual. I don't remember if I was hit in the testicles prior to this or if I did anything to hurt it. I have been coughing lately (im getting over a bad cold). Could it be something to do with that?

It has gotten better since when it started so that's a good sign. My testicles are still hanging different from usual though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2003, 02:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
I would see a doc about it, dont be embarrased to do this

Old 06-13-2003, 06:14 AM   #3

Wolverine1914 HB User
Hopefully since the time you posted this, you have gotten this checked out. It could be something serious or just a plain infection. One shoud hang slightly lower than the other, that is normal, and one testicle should be slightly larger than the other as well. If one testicle is hanging much lower then I would call your doctor right away. Are you experiencing any pain, hardness of the testicle? Does your lower abdomen/kidney area hurt with a dull ache? It could be an infection that they treat with antibiotics, it could have been nothing, but it also could be somehting more serious. By now, I hope that you have gone to the doctor to have him check it out. It is not something fun, but hey it is your health and there is nothing more important than that.

Old 06-20-2003, 11:32 AM   #4

Roto059 HB User
Question

Well, heres the story. I let it go for 2days just to see and it recovered 100 percent. Heres the weird part. Two days later, it started up again in my right teste and this time it started getting worse to the point where it just hurt even when I don't touch it. It also hurts in my lower abdomen and very inner thigh (the V cut area going down to the privates). I went to the doctor and he said there is no hernia and I also went for an ultrasound and there is nothing abnormal. The doctor also said it isn't an infection. He said it is probably just a strain or something from lifting weights (I have since stopped after it started bothering me) and I should just leave it for a week and see.

I am stumped. If its some kind of strain then why would it only start in one tiny part of the teste only when I touch it and then start progressively getting worse in the entire surrounding area when I stopped lifting weights? I'm just wondering why he thinks it's not an infection. He said it was slightly tender(??)

Thanks for the help. all those illness mentioned scared me ****less to the point where I just had to go to the doc. Im not out of the water yet though. I just wonder if maybe it is a strain. Is this common?

Closed Thread