It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2003, 02:00 PM   #1

usul74 HB User
Question Pain above left teste

Hello all,

I've been having a dull ache above my left teste in the tubing (vas deferens?) for the past week. I went to my GP today, and she did a physical exam. She suggested that it might be an infection and proceeded to ask me about my sexual habits, etc. I indicated that I've only had sex with my wife, at which time she asked about her fidelity. My faith in her fidelity is rock solid.

None-the-less the doctor gave me an Rx for 3 weeks worth of antibiotics to treat the suspected prostatitis. If this doesn't work, she's going to refer me to a urologist.

So, my question is this--can prostatits be caused by something other than an STD? She said that it's not painful enough to be a torsion, and there's no evidence of a tumor. I almost don't want the antibiotics to work, because that would mean that it's a disease. I'm afraid to tell my wife, because I don't want her to question my fidelity, which is unpenetrable. Any ideas/suggestions?

Old 05-19-2003, 02:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
tell your wife and take the meds

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2003, 11:05 AM   #3
Veteran

RageOfAngels HB User
Rats, I had written a great post on prostatitis and can't seem to find it. Anyway, look on the site I mentioned and do some research. The other really important thing to say is, if you are or have taken antibiotics for any length of time, you also really need to take a probiotic to replace the good colon bacteria that any antibiotic kills off. Without replenishing this bacteria properly, you will end up with more health problems soon down the road, such as Candida/yeast problems, constipation, fatigue, foggy brain, and many other potential symptoms.

Take it from me, I had to find this out the very hard way over the years. I now take a capsule called Primal Defense, it is the best probiotic I've tried. It's available in any Vitamin Shoppe catalog/store. Antibiotics are sometimes necessary, but unfortunately no one tells you that in addition to killing the bad bacteria, they also destroy the good ones that your body needs to function properly.

Old 05-21-2003, 06:09 AM   #4

usul74 HB User
Talking

Rage of Angels,

Yes, I did tell my wife, and she was of course fine with everything. Thank you so much for the information! I am taking the antibiotics, but you make a compelling case for checking in to the probotics as well. I'm supposed to visit the Dr. when my antibiotics end, so I'm going to print off your post and see what she thinks. Thanks!

Old 06-22-2003, 08:09 PM   #5

overayear HB User
dear usul74...i have been suffering similar symptoms like yours for over a year now after unprotected oral sex....i have pains in the vas deferens area on both sides....it feels like someone is squeezing them lightly....but it is very nerve wracking and i was wondering if the antibiotics worked for you....i have had every std test and took every pill and nothing works...how are your symptoms now? thanks...overayear.

Old 06-28-2003, 05:25 PM   #6

overayear HB User
Dear usul, would very much appreciate it if you could tell me of your status.......if the antibiotic worked.
Thanks! overayear

Closed Thread