It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2003, 11:54 PM   #1

vijotay HB User
Question 10 1/2 year old daughter w/ UTI

My daughter has had UTI that started in 1999 and ended in 2000. During that time she had been on suprax and had many renal ultrasounds and VCUG's done.
Recently at the end of May of this year she started to have pain again while urinating. She had a UA and was put on Suprax again for 10 days. After the ten days, she did another UA and they ran a culture over the weekend and they found it clean and had skin contamination due to the first test. She was taken to a children's hospital and had a renal ultrasound done. Her kidneys were found normal and healthy. Do they still have to run a VCUG and put my daughter through all of that pain again even though it has been 3 years since an infection and though the ultrasound was found good?

Old 06-28-2003, 07:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
I certainly wouldn't if it was my child. Has anyone told you not to give your daughter baths? Many times stopping baths and not washing with soap directly in that area helps tremendously. And she doesn't have to be sitting in bubbles or alot of soap - just clear water that she's bathed in would cause it. Also, if she has a habit of staying in a wet bathing suit for hours, change her into a dry one as soon as possible. What you are aiming for is to keep as many irritants away from that area as possible, from water to soap to wiping from front to back. If her urine and her bladder have already been shown to be normal and healthy and functioning normally for a child her age, I don't think I'd subject her to any more tests until you try some at home measures first to try and eliminate the infections yourself. But personally? I think an infection once in 3 years is nothing to worry about, anyway. If it was 3 a year, I'd be concerned. But three years? If they've already done all these tests on her and found nothing wrong, why on earth would they want to do more? What else do they think they're going to find this time that they didn't find the last? In my opinion, she's fine, and she should be enjoying her summer like any 10-year old should without tests or doctors or a worried mom. Infection is gone...so go enjoy her. They grow up way too fast as it is.

Take care.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2003, 12:15 AM   #3

vijotay HB User
Thumbs up

Anyone who has UTI or kidney problems should take Elderberry, MSM, Multivitamins, Acidopholus, Marshmallow, JP-X, Renatrophin PMG, Arginex, Renafood, and lots of water. You can find all of these vitamins and herbs at a herbal store. They are what my 10 1/2 year old daughter is on and it is working great for her!

Old 06-29-2003, 08:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
Oh my, that's alot of 'stuff' to take. Where did you find the information on all of these? I'd like to read it - as I'm sure many here would

Old 07-01-2003, 11:05 AM   #5

vijotay HB User
I found all of it in an old 1907 Vitology book that my fiance and I found at an antique shop. It is written by two doctors, Geo P. Wood, M.D. and E.H. Ruddock, M.D., P.H.D..
It is wriiten of food and harmless home remedies for all diseases, which will neither injure health nor destroy life (as stated in book).
I have found it interesting and useful as I have tried many things and they do work!

Closed Thread