It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2003, 04:28 AM   #1
Inactive

ashpie HB User
Post help..not sure what's wrong..

for the last few months I've been having burning when urinating, sometimes frequency and irritation on my ureathra when I wipe also backache..It sometimes goes away by itself but last month I went to my doctor and she said there were white blood cells in my urine and they sent it away to be cultured they were negative..I took macrobid and everything went away and now a month later it has now started again.I have also been to my gyn and I have no infections..I can't think what can be causing this..the last 2 months my husband and I have been trying to conceive that might be a cause but it starts a week after we have alot of sex..also sometimes I hold my urine without realizing it..I forget to go to the bathroom! anyway, does anyone have any idea's? I have an appt w/ a urologist on 07/30..

Old 07-12-2003, 04:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
if no causes can be found you might try a small dose of the antidepressant tofranil, it often calms the bladder as a side effect

you can experiment by taking bicarb soda to change the PH of the urine to see if this makes any difference

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2003, 07:34 PM   #3

smarie HB User
I have the same problem--what helps me is urinating after having intercourse-if you are trying to conceive, that might not help as you want to keep the sperm where they are so they have time to reach their destination--otherwise, I was told by my OB GYN to do this as it will flush any fluid that may have entered the tract. Hope this helps!!

Old 07-13-2003, 11:01 PM   #4

klayr HB User
Hi, Ashpie. It's good to have that appointment at the end of the month. Make sure you keep it. It seems to me that the sex thing is a little ambiguous. You said that you went on antibiotics and it helped, didn't you? And then you said it came back again. It seems like it's more than just sex. Keep posting, and good luck.

Closed Thread