It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2003, 06:07 PM   #1

StaceyRoseEllis HB User
Post My name is Stacey and I am Pee-a-holic!

Hi all. I am in the middle of getting tested for bladder problems. I am a 44 year old female...

Basically I am fine during the day but pee up to ten times a night.

The first test my doctor did was (I don't know the name) hooking me up to some machine that tested how much urine I can hold and I guess how much spasming my bladder does. Apparently it does spasm.

Then yesterday, a month later, she did another test where she looked up my urethra and at my bladder. Apparently my urethra isn't behaving either.

I am not exactly exhibiting classic signs of anything, but some abnormalities that she cannot really say "You have THIS. Or you have THAT."...

I also didn't feel that the Urispas and that whatever that stuff is that makes your pee orange work very well. That is what is depressing. I don't seem to respond to bladder spasm medicine...

My doctor did say that the test she did yesterday, sticking the camera tube up my urethra might stun it into behaving.

If anyone has had these tests, they can relate to the really unpleasant time I have had peeing yesterday and today.

So, does anyone else have these weird traits? Does anyone have these weird traits and don't respond to the typical medicnes?

Thank you for listening to my bladderly blathering!

Stacey

Old 06-06-2003, 02:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
as mentioned elsewhere, a small dose of imipramine calms the bladder and often helps, the problem can be caused, believe it ot not simply by anxiety

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2003, 03:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Hi, sounds like you were cysterscoped, and yes it does hurt peeing afterwards, wish I could help more...

Old 06-09-2003, 06:09 PM   #4

StaceyRoseEllis HB User
Maybe that was what it is, cysterscoped. Well one of the tests. The other test used the same type of equipment but there was not a camera on the stick. It was a machine measuring spasms...

Anyway, since the cysterscope, I am not feeling like peeing a 1000 times before bed. I think it sorta did the trick...

Thanks all

Old 06-10-2003, 04:27 AM   #5

Mattsmummum HB User
Do you drink liquids after 6PM? I was always told to cut down on liquid consumption by that time. I had persistant bladder infections for 2 years and finally went to a urologist. I had they cystoscope a year ago and after the last dose of antibiotics the urologist prescribed, haven't had a bladder infection since. I was told years ago that when you lie down, your kidneys relax and work overtime to expell urine. I always have to pee a few times once I've been down, but not as often as you.

Old 06-10-2003, 09:14 AM   #6

StaceyRoseEllis HB User
No way. In fact, I have had problems drinking too little liquid, for fear of peeing at night. But that never helped. It isn't really a matter of how much liquid is in there, its a matter of the urethra being spastic I think. So it there is one teaspoon in there, it feels like a gallon.

Old 06-10-2003, 07:14 PM   #7

Mattsmummum HB User
Hope it all keeps working well for you. I pee all day and I just got the biggest kick out of your posting topic header. All my family has accused me of being a Pee-a-holic for years.

Old 06-11-2003, 08:23 AM   #8

StaceyRoseEllis HB User
Lol. Thanks! Have you tried that Detrol stuff? Didn't work for me. Also, I did try Xanax to relax, and that didn't work either. So far just the horrible needle up the urethra worked...(arghh!!!!)

Old 06-11-2003, 11:03 AM   #9

mascara mess HB User
Lol

just wanted to say i got a big kick out of your story even tho i can't help you.

Old 07-04-2003, 06:58 PM   #10

Panda74 HB User
Hi: I had bladder spasms myself, and frequency... residual volume (shown by ultrasound) as well. Detrol didn't help. I had a cystoscopy (the camera into the bladder) which was normal. After the cystoscopy things were a little better for a short time, but then they got bad again. My urologist said I had a narrow urethra and the stretching done by the camera as it went in was probably what helped lessen the symptoms. He said that the camera does not stretch it much, though, and recommended a urethral dilation if my symptoms did not clear up in a couple of months. I wasn't happy with that idea, not being able to find any info supporting that on the net, but I didn't want to live with the symptoms anymore, so I went ahead (at the time of the dilation it had been over 7 months of symptoms). I am cautiously optimistic, its been a few months now, and things are much improved. I still get a few hours here and there where I feel a little spasming, but it is nothing like it was (the pain from the spasms was so bad that I ended up in Emerg on morphine one afternoon)... I'm drinking lots of water and hoping things stay calm!
Panda

Old 07-16-2003, 05:59 PM   #11
Inactive

endoIC HB User
Could be interstitial cystitis. Check with your doctor about it.

Closed Thread