It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2003, 10:57 AM   #1

LaconiaSerena HB User
Post Stents??

After my surgery I will have a stent left in for a few weeks...what can expect?? I have heard they are painful...anyone have any comments?? Thank you

Old 07-19-2003, 07:47 AM   #2
Inactive

tool HB User
Hi LS,

I'm not sure if you are still checking this board or whether you've had your surgery but I've had a stent put in when I had spinal surgery and the neurosurgeon accidently tore the ureter. The whole time I had it in I found it really uncomfortable, kind of like a urinary tract infection (frequency, stinging) but it is not all that bad. Also, the upper end of the stent rubbed and gave me a nagging kidney pain and blood in the urine. The urologist who did the repair said it was normal and happens to a lot of people.
I had it in for seven weeks and immediately I got it out, I had relief. You dont need an anaesthetic to have it removed and it didn't hurt at all.
Best of luck with whatever op you are having...

Cheers - Tool

[This message has been edited by tool (edited 07-19-2003).]

[This message has been edited by tool (edited 07-19-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2003, 02:51 PM   #3
(female)

Sehsun HB User
I have had a couple of stents in after my cystoscopies, and I have had the exact same experience as tool had. I had frequency, urgency, burning, and blood in my urine. The blood in the urine was often caused by vigorous exercise, and it was accompanied by kidney pain also. I got my stents removed with anesthesia....it was better for me that way since I was still a teen. Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Sehsun (edited 07-29-2003).]

Old 03-05-2005, 09:43 AM   #4
(female)

SpyGirl101 HB User
Re: Stents??

I had a stent..and it caused scar tissue in my ureter. I eneded up having open surgery finally and my Uro cut the scarred section of ureter out and sewed them back together. I am still having pain and swelling and it has been 3 mos. I am fed up..
But I should also say that alot of poeple don't have problems wiht stents. And they come out a little easier in the hospital..but it doesn't take that long in office.

Last edited by SpyGirl101; 03-05-2005 at 04:12 PM.

Closed Thread