It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2003, 06:31 PM   #1
Inactive

Emsybobs HB User
Post Enterococcus

Hi, have had an Enterococcus bladder infection now for 6 weeks. Tried 4 different antibiotics to no avail. Doctor about to prescribe another one. Anyone here had a bladder infection caused by this bacteria? Any advice on what works to cure it? xxx

Old 08-05-2003, 08:34 PM   #2
Inactive

pdrq221 HB User
Levaquin (levofloxacin) is a relatively new drug (2 months ago approved) used to treat bacterial prostatitis caused by staphylococcus epidemidis, escherichia coli, or your bug: enterococcus faecalis. If this new one fails you might want to ask your doctor about this one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2004, 06:00 PM   #3

Mum2 HB User
Re: Enterococcus

Emysbob.... are you still there? I am now going into my second month of enterococcus, have taken basic antibiotic amoxilyn ? 2 courses. The second course seemed to have cleared it up for 4 weeks and it has raised it's ugly head again. Any suggestions, don't like taking the antibiotics so often - doesn't anything nip it for good?
V

Old 06-04-2004, 04:35 AM   #4

marlanam2004 HB User

Hi
Did that infection show in a urine test? I have never heard of it. I use bactim or macrobid when I get a UTI. Macrobid seems the best..

Old 06-04-2004, 05:41 PM   #5

Mum2 HB User

Hi Marlan
It showed up from a swab........ saw doc yesterday and has put me on something.... starting with Z... sorry can't remember the name, you take 4 tabs in one hit. hopefully that will work....:/
V

Old 06-05-2004, 10:09 AM   #6
Inactive

Emsybobs HB User

Mum 2 - yep am here. Unfortunately my bacteria went months ago but ive been left with an inflamed irritable bladder which is awful. Have had it now for a year. Am under a urologist - good luck! xxx

Old 06-06-2004, 10:45 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

teachergirl64 HB User

Levaquin is an excellent antibiotic and has cured my infections every time. If your infection comes back, you need to have a culture done and it will tell the doctor which antibiotic is best for treating you.

Old 06-06-2004, 06:12 PM   #8

Mum2 HB User

THanks everyone for your replies. Am not too sure if I am actually posting in the right area as haven't had a urine sample taken. The bacteria was found through a swab, although am not too sure where is infected as have lower ab pain, which seems to be relieved slightly when I urinate....... maybe it is in the bladder??? and sometimes aching in lower back. Doc should get results tomorrow, she is even checking for chlyamidia.......which seems v. v. unlikely. Anyway, will wait and see what the results come back with.
V

Closed Thread