It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2003, 08:34 PM   #1
Inactive

groundhog HB User
Post prostate and anal pains..

I've had prostate pains hitting me since May (about 10 weeks now). On a pain scale from 1-10, they have ranged from 2 to 5. They are 2-3 lately.

I am taking all the herbs and stuff that I can think of and it has helped a little.

In the last 2 weeks, I've had anal pains too.

The other day, while washing my butt, I briefly felt something hard. Upon investigation, it is like a little pimple sized hard thing just about a quarter inch inside on the left (looking from behind). It seems to not be part of the skin and is part of the tisue below the skin (it doesn't move with the skin.). It is not painful.

Does anyone else have this?

groundhog
male, 43 yrs

Old 08-04-2003, 09:38 PM   #2
Inactive

projapoti HB User
Quote:
It seems to not be part of the skin and is part of the tisue below the skin (it doesn't move with the skin.). It is not painful.
This could be a mole or something that has actually been there for a long time, but to be honest, prostate pain going along with hard things underneath the skin by the anus is not a good combination. What type of prostate pain do you have? Pain with urination, or pain all the time when you aren't doing anything?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2003, 10:07 PM   #3
Inactive

groundhog HB User
Thanks for responding.
It is just pain at various times for no good reason.
Are you a doctor?

Old 08-05-2003, 10:01 AM   #4
Inactive

groundhog HB User
Update..

Upon re-examination, the hard thing does appear to move with the skin so it is part of the skin. I had a hemmoroid a couple of months ago and am now wondering if it is a little piece of scar from that..?

The skin is tricky in that area. If you push one way the hard thing appears fixed, and if you push the other way, you can tell it is part of the skin.

Old 08-05-2003, 12:50 PM   #5

anonymousman HB User
possibly a cyst i would recommend getting it checked

Old 08-05-2003, 10:29 PM   #6
Inactive

projapoti HB User
Quote:
Thanks for responding.
It is just pain at various times for no good reason.
Are you a doctor?
No...but I'm studying to become one. I'm currently a third year medical student.
Quote:
Upon re-examination, the hard thing does appear to move with the skin so it is part of the skin. I had a hemmoroid a couple of months ago and am now wondering if it is a little piece of scar from that..?
Unlikely. A "hemorrhoid" is a NORMAL vein that is part of the mucosa of your rectum (i.e. inside, past your anus). When these things get inflamed, we commonly just call them "hemorrhoids". Anyway, a hemorrhoid wouldn't leave scar on your skin because it's not part of your anal skin, it's part of your rectal lining (which is different anatomically). That is, unless you've had a fistula. Have you had a fistula?

Old 08-05-2003, 10:38 PM   #7
Inactive

groundhog HB User
I don't know what a fistula is but the thing I had and am calling a hemmoroid.. I think it actually broke through the skin and was infected. That's why I remembered it. Sorry for all the detail....

Old 08-06-2003, 09:05 PM   #8
Inactive

groundhog HB User
Projapoti, thankyou very much for trying to help me and others on this forum, it is a very nice thing you are doing. I think I should give you all of my information. Hope it is not too long and boring.

I have had prostate problems off and on since about age 30. No problems at all previous to getting some type of STD.

The symptoms have never been very bad. Mostly dull discomfort type pain. Long periods with no pain.

I have developed gastro problems in the last year and a half. Maybe early stages of IBS? Undiagnosed.

May 5: Urologist finds blood in urine. Large amount but not visible to naked eye. No previous history of blood in previous tests.

Prostate pains/symptoms start at this time. I step up herbal product intake. Symptoms go down again in about a 1.5 weeks. I am happy with this. At the time I feel it is a bad case of prostatitis but is gone.

Cystoscopy. Doc says ok. No blood in urine on that day.
CT scan. Not sure what instructions for reading are, but doc says they found kidney stone in right side.

Prostate pains come back. I am on a full regimen of all the herbs I know to take. I am surprised that this does not control my problems. The problems surface in the face of this, which has never happened with me before.

6/3: X-ray to discern size of stone. The technicians call me back in room to take a second shot. I wonder if they had a hard time finding stone. They shot my bladder area next. Films to urologist.

7/11: Finally get to see urologist. He disuades me from blasting the stone. Describes it as a "fleck". Wants to look at it in 6 months again. When asked about possiblity of cancer, doc says I've had good enough work up and will do no more.

7/20: Prostate pains reach 6 out of 10 scale. Anus pains start. Never had anus pains before. Prostate pains also of a different nature. More sharp. Can't sit well. Keep legs apart. Sleep on back with legs apart. Never had this before.

Present: Pains down to about 2-3 range. Nature of pains same. Sometimes tenderness inside thighs. Still can't sit properly.

I think I need a new doc that will look after me....

Old 11-21-2003, 10:52 AM   #9

Double_R HB User
Re: prostate and anal pains..

hey, I have seen several people refer to prostate "pain" in this forum, and am just wondering what kind of pain it is and where it originates from, etc...

Prostate cancer runs in my family, I am 7 now, so am trying to find out everything I can.

Old 12-01-2003, 05:59 AM   #10

ProErect HB User
Unhappy Re: prostate and anal pains..

... I have had prostate problems for 2 years now. It seems it comes and goes. The first time round I had pain in my prostate and vas deferen cords 'what a treat' ... and was on anti-biotics for 3 mos. It subsided for a little while afterwards... for about 3 - 4 mos... and just came back , I do not know why... However, I wonder that when one has sex oral / vag etc. that if ANY bacteria gets up into your uretha... errrr, pee hole, whatever, that it sets off the prostate and becomes inflamed...I am going to try using a condom for a while...and see if this minimizes the concern...I am soooo, tired of the pain ... Also, this time around I noticed that when I ejaculate not much comes out like it use too. On top of all of this I do not get as hard / erect like I use too...now this is embarressing. Well, I hope they come out with a better treatment for this and soon...

Closed Thread