It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2003, 10:19 PM   #1

babyjoy333 HB User
Question Kidney Pain - Please help!

My mom has her left kidney removed about 20 years ago. Her remaining right kidney has been in constant pain since last year. She said it feels like something is pressing against it hardly. She has been tested negative with regular urine test, but positive with urine culture. The doctors have been changing anti-biotics on her, but she doesn't seem to feel any better. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2003, 11:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
What are they giving her? The bacteria may be resistant to the ones she's taking, or if she's had it a long time, she may not be taking them long enough to kill all of it. Doctors are famous for only giving a 5-day supply of antibiotics, maybe 7 at the most, but sometimes you need to take them for two weeks, if not longer, especially if she keeps testing positive. I have found that the only one that works for my infections is ampicillin. If they've been giving her cipro or bactrim, some people on here say they don't work very well. I think I would suggest to the doctor to not only try something different but for a longer period of time. Could be that the infection is just that bad and needs longer to be cured.

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2003, 01:54 PM   #3
Veteran

RageOfAngels HB User
Please have her do a kidney/bladder flush. There are various ways to do this. I have used apple juice, vitamin-C drinks, carrot juice - it will help, believe me. Have her do some reading on this, or you do it for her. The antibiotics may not be working properly for any number of reasons, and it can also make her liver sicker as she takes more and more of them.

Closed Thread