It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2003, 01:56 PM   #1

Chaotican HB User
Question To anyone who has had a UTI...

I'm just curious about your experience with the severity of the infection. How common is it to have bloody urine? How about chunks of bloody tissue in the urine?

I've had two UTIs in my life. The first was normal - the last was a nightmare. I had never heard of actually urinating blood and tissue and couldn't find much mention of it on the internet. Thanks!

Old 08-09-2003, 04:05 PM   #2
Veteran

RageOfAngels HB User
I've never had bloody tissue...and the blood in my urine has been rare. But when I had the blood the last time, I believed it was from a prostate infection as opposed to just the urine infection. There was blood in both the semen and the urine at that time. Is this your problem as well?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2003, 09:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
I've had blood in my urine. Although blood will usually make your urine cloudy as opposed to actually 'red'. You'll usually get this if the infection is bad or if you've had it for awhile. I didn't know I had a UTI so by the time by doctor found it at a routine visit, I'd had it for awhile. Hence the cloudy urine and strong odor. I've also seen 'things' in my urine, so don't think it's all that unusual. Probably depends on what all is going on in your body at the time.

Old 08-11-2003, 10:23 PM   #4

pksgirl HB User
Unhappy

k, help! this is my first UTI! it started to hurt about 3 or 4 days ago, and i ignored it, thinking it was just from sex or something...but now im peeing blood and blood clots!!! what is this from, and how do i get rid of it!? i have no insurance, so i was wondering if there was something over the counter...or is it too late!? there is NO help on the internet for this! ive been online for an hour now, and i cant find any resources! HELP!!!

------------------
Best Regards,
t

Old 08-12-2003, 03:00 PM   #5
Veteran

RageOfAngels HB User
T,

I really recommend you go to a urology clinic somewhere unless you know the blood is from tearing (due to sex?). Blood in the urine may be a symptom of kidney problems as well, or something else.

Old 08-12-2003, 07:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
Hi pksgirl - I agree with rageofangels, you need to see a doctor or go to a clinic to be checked. All they will probably do is check your urine for bacteria, then prescribe antibiotics. If you tell them you have no insurance, some doctor's may just give you the pills to take. There are things you can do to help prevent a UTI in the first place, but unfortunately once you have one, nothing will get rid of it but antibiotics. So you will HAVE to go to a doctor. Because if you let it go, it will go into your kidneys and cause all kinds of problems. And you don't want that. Better to go now and catch it right away.

Good luck.

Old 08-20-2003, 05:05 PM   #7

cmeg HB User
Unhappy

I'[ve just had my first encounter with a UTI. It started with 2 days of high fever, 3 days of "normalcy" and then on the next day my urine was completely filled with blood. I mean it was extremely red. I even had what felt like menstrual cramps.
I went to a doc that day and did the urine test which (2 days later) turned out to be a uti. He put me on Bactrim and after 6 days of fevers and throwing up all day from the meds I decided to stop taking the Bactrim and saw my ob/gyn. (not knowing where the cramps were coming from) He said everything down there looked ok, and that the Bactrim hadn't helped and gave me a weeks supply of Microbid. (free samples...yay!) That was just today and I hope the heck this solves the problem. This infection is taking everything out od me.

Closed Thread