It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2003, 05:45 AM   #1

babs15 HB User
Talking I Did Go for Cystoscopy

Thank you for the people who wrote back. It unfortunately was too late for me I had already gone. But to tell you the truth it is the old adage you can't really listen to other people or read until you really experience this yourself. Why? Because it only hurt for a slight second. They put a swab with Lidocaine in the area left came back and push this thing in me. I yelled for a moment and the doctor said "don't move that was the worst of it". I actually felt the water was a comforting feeling filling up. All in all in about 2 seconds he took it out. I thought the filling of the bladder would be like the feeling of an enema. (Unbearable) It wasn't at all. He called me in and said everything was fine. I guess in his experience it didn't take long to know what he was looking for. I did have kidney ultra scans a few days before and there they did a second scan of my bladder. (I have microscopic hematuria in my urine) So he said he thought there was not much to worry about but that he had to be thorough and check everything out. He did say that my uterus was pressing on my bladder so that was giving me the discomfor that I feel. Pressure to go. So all in all I have to say it was not the frightening procedure I had envisioned. Thank you all again for your responses and concern. Babs

Old 08-28-2003, 02:25 PM   #2

Pandabaire3 HB User
So what's the update on everything so far? Why was your uterus pressing against your bladder??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread