It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2003, 04:06 AM   #1

Brett Miller HB User
Question Alcohol, Orgasm then Urination Problems (male)

Hi everyone, I really hope someone out there has the same problem as me.

If I drink alcohol and then experience orgasm afterwards, I have this awful feeling of needing to urinate but nothing comes out. It kicks in around 10 minutes after the orgasm and does not go away for around 90 minutes. Doctors have not been able to help, but I know something is wrong.

I am 24 years old and have been having this problem since I was 16. It is very uncomfortable and restrictive.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Regards

Brett

Old 07-22-2003, 11:02 AM   #2
Veteran

RageOfAngels HB User
It may be a yeast infection of some sort. Alcohol is full of yeast. That may also explain why the doctors would not immediately recognize it. At a very minimum, why not stop the alcohol for awhile and see if it goes away on it's own?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2003, 09:27 PM   #3

romulus HB User
a lot of guys feel like they need to pee after sex. i wouldn't be too worried if you don't have any other symptoms.

Old 08-10-2003, 10:27 PM   #4
Inactive

projapoti HB User
This actually might not be totally abnormal. There is a division of the autonomic nervous system (the part of the nervous system that is not under conscious control) that is made up of a sympathetic and a parasympathetic subdivison. These systems are activated under different circumstances, but for the most part, they're fairly opposite of each other. The sympathetic is more of an "activating" system dubbed as "fight or flight". The parasympathetic is more for "resting and digesting".

Anyway....so to get an erection, the parasympathetic nervoys system is activated....when you have an orgasm the sympathetic nervous system is activated; however, another thing to keep in mind is, when the sympathetic nervous system is activated, it inhibits the urination response. That's why a lot of people have problems going to the bathroom in public places because they get nervous, the sympathetic nervous system fires, and urination is prevented.

So, in your case, this is what might be happening. After the orgasm, there is still some sympathetic discharge, and it's preventing you from peeing. Considering that this is also causing you anxiety now, the problem might be compounded (anxiety causes a discharge of the sympathetic nervous system, like I said above)

Old 09-02-2003, 09:01 PM   #5

ed2000 HB User
the same problem is happening to me... it's a terrible feeling I must say..

after only 2 beers and sex I'm incapacitated for, just like you said, anywhere from 45-90 minutes. Sometimes I go to the bathroom as frequently as 2 minutes apart!

Can anyone give any more insight than what is above?

Closed Thread