It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 05:12 PM   #1

Go Vols HB User
Post urination frequincy and burning

Hi I am a 28 year old male. In mid July of this year I had an episode of frequent urination and burning. The frequency intervals were between 15 minutes to 1 hour. There was a constant burn a feeling of not being relieved. The stream was strong and as near as I could tell I completely emptied my bladder. The urine was crystal clear like pure water. You could probably put an ice cube in it and drink it. This went on all day and kept me awake all night and during the first half of the next day.
Little over a week later there was another episode that kept me up all night. The next day periods between urination decreased. My urine turned from clear to a normal healthy yellow. The burning stayed. For much of the week I had a mild burn but urination frequency was normal between 2 to 4 hours. 5 days later another episode but this time I managed to get a full night of sleep with no interruption.
The next morning I had burning in the urethra. I went to the Dr. and told him the above. He asked for a urine sample. I gave it and they found no bacterial whatsoever. He gave me a prostrate exam and then asked for another sample. Again no bacteria whatsoever was found in the second sample as well. Instead of looking further to find the real cause he gave me antibiotics and told me I had a UTI even though no bacteria was found.
The antibiotic was doyxcine (very bad spelling) twice a day for ten days. I took it religiously and while a week on it I had constant burning sometimes mild though. Then the 6th day while on the antibiotic another episode. That was the last for awhile. For over 3 weeks I was perfect. 2 to 4 hour urination frequency and no burning and I had a feeling of complete relief. During that time after I was finished with the antibiotics I took cranberry capsules for safe measure and continue to do so.
Well out of the blue last week another episode started. It started without warning midday and again urine was clear as water and the burning returned. This lasted till late evening and then my urine slowly turned to normal yellow and normal frequency returned. The burning never stopped. It lasted through the week and is still burning. I also had another frequent urination episode. I went 6 times in 15 minute and am talking about gully washers. Normal frequency has returned but the burning is going on. I have gone through the last week of little relief. Sure I can empty my bladder just fine but this burning a feeling of not being relieved is driving me nuts. I have learned by taking high dosage of ibuprofen 4 to 5 over the counter 200mg tablets I can get a few hours relief from the burning.
A little history of my urination problems. Since 18 I have had 2 honest to goodness bacteria found in urine, plumbing stopped up tight to where I could not pee at all prostate infections. Those were cured with antibiotics no problems. I have had days of urinating often with burning but burning goes away when urination frequency returns to normal. It wasnít constant as it is now. Whenever I drink beer I urinate frequent and have burning but that ends as soon as the beer goes away.
What I am going through now is not the same as my past. It is 110% different ballgame. I do not think I have a UTI because no bacteria was found, I have no fever or any other I feel sick symptoms, my urine is of normal color with no bad odor or any other junk in it, I took the antibiotics as prescribed and I am taking cranberry capsules.
What is wrong with me? I drink plenty of water 48 to 64 oz and I have not increased the amount. I have no insurance and limited income so I canít mess around with Dr. that is a know it all, wonít listen to me, spends five minutes and prescribes antibiotics that I probably donít need then charges a fortune. Is my mind causing this or what? Is there other problems that could cause my symptoms without it being a UTI?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread