It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2003, 06:35 AM   #1

nor2i HB User
kidney stone for 3 months or anything else???

Hi,

I have been having different types of urine related issues for 3 months now. I got UTI 3 months ago and it went away on its own (did not see doc, treated with drinking water, cranberry juice and treated myself with yeast infection medication as I thought it was it, {i never got UTI before, may be once})

went to ER 2 week after that with pain in lower abdomen and lots of blood in the urine and they gave antibiotics.

I had similar episode a month later with pain and went to ER and this time they did CT scan and found kidney stone 4 mm in size which is located 3 cm below the right kidney in the ureter. Doc did all the urine tests like 24 hr urine test, cultures etc (no infection this time). gave pain medication and within 4-5 days it is gone.

I am getting blood in the urine with dull pain in the back and lower abdomen for the past week. I saw the doc again and they did another CT and waiting for results. Is it just the kidney stone or am I going through some thing else?

I have been drinking a lot of water than I used to and peeing all the time. I am worried as it might be something else. If it is 4mm kidney stone, it should have been out by now. I filtered for a while and I did not see anything and saw one small sand like particle a month ago. That is about it. It is no where 4 mm in size. may be 1 mm in size.

I am worried as it could be something else. what should I ask the doc to rule out? what other tests should I go through. I am worried might be something else. Does kidney stone take that long to pass

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2003, 09:27 AM   #2

bruised HB User
I'm not a doctor,but it sounds as if your kidney stone is either trying to pass or it could be blocked.Usually they'll put in a "stent"so it doesn't block the ureter when the stone passes.

I had a 5mm kidney stone that was supposed to pass,but ended up to be 1.5cm in size.It grew.It was in my right kidney also.I eventually had lithotripsy done and the pain associated with lithotripsy was nothing compared to when I would have "attacks".The attacks were so bad,there were days it lasted for 12hrs.I got no pain meds.I pretty much had to deal with it.

I hope all goes well and let us know what happened with the results.

Closed Thread