It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2004, 06:12 PM   #1

dwaynex HB User
Question Varicocele embolization vs varicocele surgery

Can anyone out there let me know which procedure is best for correcting a large left-side varicocele. Is varicocele embolization or varicocele surgery?
Is embolization painless? Does it cause any pain after the procedure? Are there any short term or long term side effects or complications? I am a very athletic person I like to exercise, do sit-ups, jog and lift weights. Will I be able to countinue those activities after having varicocele embolization or varicocele surgery?

Most important, can anyone tell me the average costs to get varicocele embolization or varicocele surgery done? (I don't have any medical insurance! I keep getting turned down because of my varicocele).

Thanks!

Last edited by dwaynex; 05-01-2004 at 06:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2004, 01:12 PM   #2

BobFromMFS HB User
Cool Re: Varicocele embolization vs varicocele surgery

Hi,
There are scientific evidences that varicocele can be treated without surgery or embolization. You can treat varicocele thro' yoga and homeopathy.
For scientific evidences, pls refer: http://www.malefertilitystore.com/CausesOfMIFMac.htm

and for yoga and homeopathy pls refer:
http://www.malefertilitystore.com/lifestyleForfertility.htm

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2004, 10:16 PM   #3

dwaynex HB User
Re: Varicocele embolization vs varicocele surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobFromMFS
Hi,
There are scientific evidences that varicocele can be treated without surgery or embolization. You can treat varicocele thro' yoga and homeopathy.
For scientific evidences, pls refer: http://www.malefertilitystore.com/CausesOfMIFMac.htm

and for yoga and homeopathy pls refer:
http://www.malefertilitystore.com/lifestyleForfertility.htm
I've been to that website and know about their product. My Urologist doesn't support it. He feels that there is no cure for a varicocele other than surgery (or embolization).

I would like to know if there are any people out there who have actually seen positive results in their varicocele from using winterbloom (witch hazel)?

Old 07-30-2004, 09:48 PM   #4
(male)

drenyob HB User
Re: Varicocele embolization vs varicocele surgery

I found this message and would like to know too...
I want to get varicocele embolization done, but I am wondering, does this get rid of the 'bag of worms' that is often used to describe the feeling of the veins??

I want to go to a Urologist and is varicocele embolization the easiest way to go?

Closed Thread