It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2004, 09:37 AM   #1

sidnee74 HB User
Question Passing a 2mm stone

I have been taking water pills for five days now. I don't think I have passed it yet. Is it possible to have passed without enough pain to know?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2004, 05:41 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

teachergirl64 HB User
Re: Passing a 2mm stone

Are you straining your urine? A 2 mm stone isn't very big, so it's likely that it could slip on out without excruciating pain. I had one about that size get jammed up close to the bladder, but I never felt it leave the kidney and get as far as it did. I was surprised to see it on the xray.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2004, 06:54 PM   #3

sidnee74 HB User

I am not straining - the nurse said i could if i wanted to but didn't act like it was a big deal or like they cared what the cause of the stone is. Also, I started my period and wanted to wait for the heaviest days to pass. But i still am having back pain,etc. so I am guessing it's still there. I just have no idea when to expect it to pass and the dr. office staff is not the most helpful. They act like I'm bothering them because i'm asking questions instead of doing what i'm told like a good girl. So, even if i don't see or feel it pass, will I feel better so that i know it's gone? Thanks for your reply.

Old 06-02-2004, 10:17 AM   #4

marlanam2004 HB User

Sidnee..
Did you have any other symptoms besides lower back pain for this? I have lower back pain and the urge to urinate but I am testing negative for infections? Thanks

Old 06-02-2004, 12:25 PM   #5

sidnee74 HB User

Actually, my #1 symptom was pelvic cramping. At first it felt like the cramping you get after you've held a full bladder for a long time, and then go. The backache started after that and the cramping became more like early labor cramping. I had terrible pressure when i would lay down at night. I would have to get up half a dozen times to potty before i could fall asleep. Last month when the cramping & need to pee started I was tested for a UTI - and it was neg. I took antibiotics anyway and then when the pain came back this month, my dr sent me in for a ct scan to diagnose the stone. I think I passed the stone Sunday. I was really uncomfortable sat & sun but am feeling ok now.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by sidnee74; 06-02-2004 at 04:01 PM.

Old 06-02-2004, 12:31 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

teachergirl64 HB User

If you are feeling better now, you probably did pass it. I passed a small stone on Monday. I started having bladder spasms and recognized them for what they were. I choked down close to a gallon of water and flushed it right on out.

Old 06-02-2004, 01:12 PM   #7

marlanam2004 HB User

I am happy for you. I wish I had a stone just so I knew what was wrong. I dont have any cramping though.

Old 06-03-2004, 12:21 AM   #8

BestofMe HB User

Wow kidney stones they are my favorite...i was 18 when i got my first one. I remember laying in bed one morning and the next minute i couldnt walk. I originally thought i pulled a muscle in my lower back when rolling over. I began violently throwing up with the most horrifying pain. Never realizing kidney stones can be passed on remembering my father had kidney stones 3 yrs before. He suggested thats what i probablly was having. I was rushed to the hospital. Barely had the ability to walk then passed out. After many tests, scans, and drugs that day they sent me home...after that i was rushed to the ER 4 more times. The stone was..about 3mm. It was so small they couldnt do anything for me..i was told to drink a lot of water..NO COFFEE, NO SODA, Or ANYTHING THAT WOULD dehydrate me...for every soda i had, i had to drink 3 glasses of water. Finally after 2 MONTHS the little stone passed...mean while straining my pee every single time. i cant tell you how many times i was at the urologist. One night i woke up and took a deep breath and felt this funny movement in my pelvic area and some how i knew that was the stone ..so i went to the bathroom and out came the little guy..it didnt hurt a bit. The stone hurts when it is moving through your tubing and into the uretha. If it is made up of calcium deposits, its very sharp and thats what causes all the pain. ASk your DR. to analize the stone.

Closed Thread