It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2004, 03:10 AM   #1
(female)

bambi79 HB User
Unhappy Not urinating much anymore!

Hi everyone!
I suffer with recurring UTI's, they average on one every two to three months!
I have my urine tested frequently, and every time it contains blood, protein and pus.
I have had a cystoscopy and IVU, both revealed nothing out of the ordinary.

For the past couple of weeks I have been suffering with yet another UTI. I have taken another course of antibiotics, which I finished yesterday(Monday).
But this time things are different....
On Sunday evening, my stomach started to swell, and so did my fingers. When I woke on Monday morning, my stomach looked huge, and I couldn't fasten my jeans! Normally I urinate VERY frequently, as most do with UTI's, but on Monday I hardly went to the toilet at all. I just never felt as if I wanted to go but eventually I just went without having the "feeling" of wanting to go, and I did urinate, but not that much.
Today when I got up, my stomach looked more normal and wasn't swollen, but I'm still not urinating properly. Normally at this time (11 oclock) I would have been at least four or five times, I have only been once and that was when I first got out of bed.
I have pain in my back and groin area, which comes and goes. Although at times it can feel uncomfortable it isn't an agonising pain.

Has anyone got any ideas as to why I'm not urinating as much, and whether I should be worried at all. I have had pyelonephritis in the past and a friend has said that not urinating can have a bad effect on my kidneys, is this right??
Sorry it's been so long, but I wanted to give you the whole picture, and then hopefully someone can offer me some advice on what to do.
Thanks xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2004, 07:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User
Re: Not urinating much anymore!

I have been going through the same thing off and on. Did you eat more salty food than normal or could it be hormonal? It sounds like you are retaining water. Have you been outside exercising and perspiring? If you feel like you need to go to a Dr. - go. However, this has happened to me and after a week of worrying, I start to go again. I thought it was hormonal.

Closed Thread