It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2004, 10:28 AM   #1
(male)

junior26 HB User
High urinary output & zero fluid intake

I didn't drink anything at all day, but I have an urge to urinate every hour. And when I do, there is a lot of urine, like as if I had 3 beers between each time. There's no burning or anything else unusual. The urine is clearer than usual, but still has a hint of yellow. Where is the fluid coming from?

The only thing I did differently than usual was that I had 4 slices of watermelon before going to bed last night. Is my body still processing liquid from the watermelon 18 hours later?

I started checking for causes such as diabetes insipidus, but this seems more like an isolated case. It happened to me a couple of weeks ago also, so I'm starting to wonder what it could be. I'm not any more thirsty than usual. I hardly drink anything during the day. A can of 7up when I get home usually lasts me all evening. It's now 4:00, didn't drink anything today, but I must have urinated a couple of liters. It seems to be getting less frequent now.

I'm actually afraid to have diabetes insipidus caused by a tumor because I've been dizzy 24/7 for a month now. I just wonder if it would be related. The dizziness also began with cardiovascular exercise, and I have high blood pressure. Maybe I have an aneurism pushing on my pituitary gland. These are long shots I know, just weird that I can urinate sooo much without drinking an ounce of fluid.

By the way, I had routine blood & urine tests done last week. All normal, so my kidneys should be fine.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by junior26; 08-05-2004 at 02:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2004, 03:25 PM   #2

ILikeRats HB User
Re: Didn't drink anything all day but urinating A LOT every hour. Why???

Hi.
It sounds like you don't drink enough water throughout the day. That can lead to urinary tract infection, cause all kinds of symptoms such as depression, fatigue, etc.
To me it doesn't sound serious. It sounds like the watermelon and/or your bladder or urethra is irritated (maybe a mild infection.) Drink plenty of water for a few days and see what happens.

Old 08-08-2004, 09:27 AM   #3
(male)

junior26 HB User

Seems to have stablized quite a bit now. I can last the whole night without urinating.

I don't know if this is related, but for a week and a half, the tip of my penis has been itching like crazy, under the foreskin mostly. I don't see any redness. Plus, I have had hives 2 or 3 times.

My blood tests revealed a slightly elevated Bilirubin level of 1.2. And my urine PH seemed a little high at 8.

Do you see any correlation between these things? I'm freaked out about my liver since my stools are all over the place. Light, very dark, soft, hard...

Old 08-18-2004, 07:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

I would have more comprehensive studies done on your kidneys and the liver.There are many kidney problems out there that also involve the liver.You really need to request an ultrasound to be done on both of these organs to check for any tumors or masses or cysts.My son and myself both have polycystic kidney disease with liver involvement.In view of the higher than normal bili level,at the vey least, you need to have an ultrasound done on the liver.Did you doc give you any reasons for the elevated level?please keep me posted,K? marcia

Old 08-18-2004, 09:43 AM   #5
(male)

junior26 HB User

Nope, my doc didn't even mention it. He said that my blood test results were absolutely perfect and that there are no abnormalities whatsoever. I only saw the "alert" on the bilirubin level when I asked for a photocopy of the results.

I guess it's nothing. After all, all my other results are fine. Plus, the urination problem has pretty much gone away. I can go the whole night without urinating.

I think much of it is stress related. I've been suffering a great deal from health anxiety lately. I'm only 26 and I've constantly had very high blood pressure readings since I was a child. I've only started to take it seriously now after reading scary statistics on hypertension. I'm literally thinking that I've started developing heart failure! That's how bad my anxiety is.

Old 08-20-2004, 07:22 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

To avoid permanent and ongoing damage to your kidneys,you need to really concentrate on getting your BPs in check.I have a very good friend who is only 22 and he had to have a kidney transplant last year .His only problem before this was uncontrolled high blood pressure.consistantly high BPs will cause alot of damage to the kidneys.i hope you can find ways(lifestyle changes and meds)to get this under control.In all honesty here,if you have had high blood pressures since childhood, there might be something going on inside that you just have not discovered yet.High BPs in a child are definitely not normal.You probably have at least 'some" damage to your kidneys already,it just has not shown up in the blood yet.I have polycystic kidney disease,and my kidneys are almost completely covered with cysts,and both kidneys are twice the normal size,so i know that there is alot of damage but my blood work is still within the normal range.It is hard to believe when i look at my ultrasounds but the damage is quite visable.Also,what was that alert all about with your bili level?did the doc explain it?Just to be on the safe side here, I would at the very least, have an ultrasound on the kidneys and the liver.The only way my polycystic disease was Dxed was with an ultrasound as it does not show up in any blood work until you are actually IN kidney failure.My son also has PKD and was only Dxed with it after we found out that he was very sick and down to only 20% of his liver function.We did not even know any of us were sick until the day my son just started vomiting blood at school.He ended up needing a liver transplant.But we had no idea any of us had the PKD we ended up with my sister having it(she had no idea either)and me,and my son.Up until that day with my son vomiting, we had no clue to all of this and we were all considered very healthy.
I don't mean to bore you to death here with my situation but I am trying to impress upon you the importance of actually taking a good look inside as you just never know what is there until you actually get in there and see for sure.If after you have the ultrasound and are negative for anything being in there,I would really persue this a little further.Better safe than sorry you know?plus if there is a problem, the sooner you can start treating the problem, the better damage control you will have.Please get the US to make sure,okay?and keep me posted.Marcia

Old 08-20-2004, 12:19 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

Well personally I think mnore water would be a good thing, When people become dehydrated they have many of the same sytoms as you are having. Your body is probably saying," Hey you I need some water!" If your body temp will go down and blood pressure will go up too if you are dehydrated.

Closed Thread