It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2004, 09:03 PM   #1
(male)

Zoider HB User
Urinary Tract Infection & Abdominal Pain?

Its been three of four days now sence my pain started. At first it would come, and then leave again. Now, its deicded to stick around.

Unwanting to wait for it to get really bad, I headed to a nearby' ER and had a uranalisys (sp?) and the only thing they found was a trace of blood.

Because of the pain, they sent me to get Abdominal X-Rays, to check for stones, but I didn't have any. (Which was good ^_^)

Anyway... They said that I had a build up on my bowels and that "may" be causing the pain, so they told me to go to the drug store and purchase some natural laxatives.

I bought some natural laxatives, and went home and took them, awaiting my pain relief ( or so I thought ).

It was later on that night, the pain started to get worse, so then I was afraid of appendicitis, as most of my pain was in my lower right quadrant. ( This scared me alot )

Anyway, I went to the hospital again... This time they poke'd my tummy alot, and took some blood samples, everything came back perfect, no high blood count, no nothing.

The docter assumed from the symptoms, and the test results, that I had an Infection, and perscribed some anti-biotics.

My question is this... If I had a Urinary Tract Infection (Or, I'm guessing thats what its called) would I be having pain in my lower right abdomen?

I asked the docter, and he assured me I didn't have appendicitis, but I'm still really spooked ( I have a harshe Panic Disorder, which makes me worry about alot of things ).

So, my only question ATM, is if I had a UTI, would I be having pains in my lower right abdomen?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2004, 10:58 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User
Re: Urinary Tract Infection & Abdominal Pain?

I have a panic disorder and I have laso had kindney infections and uti's and when I had a bad uti or a kidney infection i would have pains on lower rifht abdom . the question is if the pain is coming from the front or the back. your kidney's are located inthe back where your ovaries would be in the front except lower in the back. What other pains do you have as well? Is there any burning, any any diffculties urinating, burning, constant need to urinate. If you have soem of those systoms you probably have just a uti.

Closed Thread