It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2004, 08:14 PM   #1

Mommy2oo6 HB User
Anyone else with Cystitis?

Augst 10th 2004 I was diagnosed with Trigonitis (AKA Cystitis) this is different from intersticial cystitis.

I have sffered from reoccuring UTI's since the end of 2000. This has been the worst year, because I have had 4 UTI's!!! I am 22 and follow all the cleansing rules due to a short urithra...

My symptoms were the norm... Frequent rination, not to much coming out, fullness in my lower stomach, fowl smelling urine, lower back pain, and being very irritable. I had my doctor call in a prescription for CIPRO knowing I had another UTI. Well about 2 days after finishing the meds, I started having the symptoms again. My doctor refered me to a Uroligist and he preformed a urin test and a Cystoscopy (NOT FUN!) He said I did have a UTI, but I also have Trigonitis. Trigonitis is the lower section of bladder. He said it looked like cobble stone and that this was why I had been having the reoccuring UTIs. He has put me on Macrobid for a year and said we would do another Cysoscopy at that time. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I have also noticed caffine maks the freqentcy even worst...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2004, 05:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User
Re: Anyone else with Cystitis?

I too am suffering with frequent UTI's. Usually at the beginning of one I take an over the counter product that numbs the bladder. It is a GOD send to me. The only bad thing about it is one must not stay on this product for a long period of time because through research they have found that it has caused cancer in laboratory animals.
why on earth would they approve such a harmful drug in the 1st place? I'm suprised it was approved with all the difficult laws out there of getting a drug on the market.
I've heard that once a person gets a uti that they will be prone to them the rest of their lives.
With me this is true. Mine started when I was 17 and I am now 44 and getting them ever more frequently. When I had a laparoscopy to remove a cyst and ck out other gyno problems, my dr. mentioned she had a really hard time with catherizing me and that the bladder looks boggy in shape. I was referred to a urologist who wanted to scope the urethra and he wanted me to come back. I had already waited almost one hr.to see this dr. and when I finally got in to see him, he told me his nurse has left for the day because it was after five and to come back at another time for this procedure.
I was furious and have never been back.
but now I've suffered with 2 uti's within a matter of four months. I'm beginning to wonder if pre menopause can cause them or is it related to the boggy bladder?
especially after reading your post mommy2006. what is trigonitis? Is it a bacteria? and can it damage the bladder the further if it doesn't get treated?
also does it hurt to get the urethra scoped? he explained to me that they numb it first, but I don't dare let anyone get near mine because even when I have surgery and they have to catherize me I can't stand the pain and the uncomfortablness when they take out the cather. even when I'm asleep and they wake you up.
I wake up crying it's so uncomfortable and I demanded the surgeon give me a medicine to numb the bladder. I'm afraid the urologist will only make it worst by scoping it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2004, 01:17 PM   #3

Amjv29 HB User
Re: Anyone else with Cystitis?

Hmmm never heard of Trigonitis. My symptoms sound identical to yours. But i had a urinalysis and culture done and it all came back normal. I am waiting on my pap test to come back to see if i have a infection, if not then off to a Urologist i go. I have been reading up on IC(cystitis) and thought maybe tahts what i have had since i have had reacurrent UTI's for years. I am 29 and i had my 1st UTI when i was 16.
I have changed so much to try to help not get them. Taking shower's not baths, drink only water,no pop, wipe from front to back, wash before sex, urinate b4 and after sex,i don't use any soaps down there, just a wash cloth,i only use detergent that is free and clear of perfume and dyes. I started following the IC diet. That has helped some. mainly cutting out my pop, chocolate and coffee intake was the main ones.

I just can't wait to go to a urologist and see what this is. I am tired of feeling like i gotta pee all the time and fowl urine odor. The bloating and pressure drives me insane too!
Good luck battling this!

Closed Thread