It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2004, 02:14 PM   #1

Brandon78311 HB User
Blood in semen. Very worried.

About a year ago my wife and I were having sex and I noticed after ejaculation that the condom was filled with blood. More accuratly a blood and semen mix, very red though like crimson red blood. I was very worried but thought I'll let it go and see what happens. The following week we had sex again, and again there was blood, however a lot less. The next time we had sex there was no blood. I thought "Great." must of been some burst blood vessel or something. However, over the last year it's been going on every couple of weeks. I'll have no blood after sex or mastubation. Then gradualy there will be more and more till it's all blood. Then it will start to go away till there is no blood. I'm absolutly terrifed of going to a urologist. I mentioned it to my Doctor, he said it was probably Hermotisperia(sp?). And I should'nt concern myself. Well I'm becoming very concered because it's not going away and I don't know what to do. Has anyone ever had this happen to know what action I should probably take. I'm worried about going to a Dr. and having them tell me "You've got testicular cancer." or "Prostate Cancer." Granted that's the worst case senario. I'm a 24 year old male, in good shape I do smoke on occasion and do drink in moderation. Help please!!

Old 10-04-2004, 12:16 PM   #2
(male)

Ron Z HB User
Re: Blood in semen. Very worried.

1 - NEVER be afraid to seek medical help. This could be something simple. Then you have peace of mind knowing what it is.

2 - Do you bike or horse ride? Most of your semen comes from the prostate gland and irritation of such can cause blood.

3 - a little blood and I do mean a little, always looks like a LOT!

4 - I have prostate cancer - age 49 - before hand and even at your age I occasionally had blood in my semen - especially if we had long foreplay or I had an extremely intense orgasam.

5 - NEVER be afraid to seek medical help. Get there -

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2004, 01:43 PM   #3

Brandon78311 HB User

Thanks for the info. No, I do not horse back ride at all and I don't bike ride in any intense fashion. I guess the best course of action is to get a referall for a Urologist in my area. I guess what I don't understand is the varied nature or it. Why do I have blood in there sometimes then less then none, followed by more, more and then a lot of blood. Trust me, when I say there's a lot, there is a lot! Imaging a bloody nose, and you'll get the picture.

Old 10-04-2004, 10:25 PM   #4
Veteran

positive4u HB User

Brandon-listen to RonZ.Both he & I caught our prostate cancers early & are still around today. The earlier things are treated, the more chance of cure. Get your butt into the doctor.
Positive4U

Old 10-05-2004, 04:06 PM   #5

Brandon78311 HB User

I will do that. When either of you were diagnosed with prostate cancer did you exhibit any of the symptoms I've been describing? I do not have any pain or discomfort of any kind either in my testicals or in my "lower region". Even during orgasim I do not have any pain. I just look down and see blood. Thanks again,

Brandon

Old 10-06-2004, 04:25 AM   #6
(male)

Ron Z HB User

NO - I had no signs or symptoms nor did I suspect. I stopped by my MD's office seeking relief from a head cold. It had been a few years since my last visit so he ordered the usual blood work.

A few days later he called - said all the numbers were fine except one. With my diet of chips, doritos and fries, I figured my cholesterol was through the roof. I still remember the words - your PSA is 7.9 - I want to see you today and I want you to call this urologist.

I saw my doc that day - DRE negative. Called the urologist - had to wait two weeks.

Most likely you do not have cancer. The prostate can become infected with no signs or symptoms.

Make an appointment - REAL MEN KNOW THEIR PSA

Closed Thread