It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2004, 05:32 AM   #1

jonflair HB User
have to urinate every 2 hours and now...

i have to urinate every 2 hours and this has been like this for over 2 years now. i am a male, and while at home, i always sit down when i go to the bathroom. well it seems like a lot of times i will also have a bowel movement also. and now in the last week my bowel movements have not been solid, but not altogether just fluid. it's kind of together, but just not solid. any ideas what is going on?

Old 10-11-2004, 04:42 PM   #2

jonflair HB User
Re: have to urinate every 2 hours and now...

i appreciate all the help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2004, 09:12 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Paul1961 HB User

There are many things that can cause frequent unination. Impaired kidney function, diabetes, enlarged prostate,excessive fluid intake, certain medications.... yada yada yada.

Go see a doctor. He'll take a history and send you to a lab for a blood test.

Good Luck
Paul

Old 10-12-2004, 11:41 PM   #4

black_cat1 HB User

I've got a VERY similar problem, (although the bowel movement part has been going on for MONTHS) I had a bedwetting problem when I was a kid, so I assumed it was caused by that, and didn't see a doctor, just tried some of the medication first (my grandma takes the same medication, so I borrowed some) and it didn't work, so I saw my doctor, and he is sending me to a urologist, my appointment is tomorrow, I will let you know what they say to me. I am currently on an anti-spasmatic bladder medication called Oxybutynin that is making the problem worse, but I'm supposed to stay on it until the appointment anyway. I will definently keep you updated, I am glad that I'm not the only one with the problem.

Old 10-13-2004, 08:23 PM   #5
(male)

Makaveli01 HB User

Urinating every 2 hours is perfectly normal. Your diet might will affect your bowel movement consistency.

Old 10-14-2004, 11:08 PM   #6

black_cat1 HB User

yeah, it could be something like diet for sure. Every two hours is way less than me still. If I'm watching tv I end up getting up every single commercial break to go, because by the next commercial, I'm desperate, which means I'm going every 5-6 minutes myself. I went to see the urologic surgeon today, and he prescribed some new medication, and I get to go to the hospital in two weeks and have him look inside my bladder with a little camera (pleasant, 'eh?). Oh to just have a HEALTHY life.

Old 10-19-2004, 02:26 AM   #7

jonflair HB User

Well the bowel movement things has improved. and i do still urinate every 2 hours at least. once in awhile i'll have to go every hour. and rarely in 30mins. as i said this has been ongoing and have been to a urologist, and he did the procedure of sticking camera in me and found nothing. i also tried cipro which did nothing. i haven't gone back in months out of frustration and feel like i'm wasting money.

Old 10-19-2004, 10:09 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

CobaltBlue HB User

jon,

Have you been tested for diabetes (had your fasting glucose checked?). The reason that I asked is for a while, I thought I was healthy when I was drinking water all the time and urinating many times per day, and waking up at night to urinate also. If you have noticed that the frequency of urination has increased, or that you might be more thirsty, or tired than usual, it might be a good idea just to make sure that diabetes is not the cause.

Old 10-20-2004, 02:31 AM   #9

jonflair HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernier
jon,

Have you been tested for diabetes (had your fasting glucose checked?). The reason that I asked is for a while, I thought I was healthy when I was drinking water all the time and urinating many times per day, and waking up at night to urinate also. If you have noticed that the frequency of urination has increased, or that you might be more thirsty, or tired than usual, it might be a good idea just to make sure that diabetes is not the cause.

i've been tested a couple time for that, and nothing has come up... but it has been at least a year now since i've seen a doctor about this.

Old 10-21-2004, 01:54 PM   #10

in need of help HB User

Hi, r u a girl or a boy??? i am suffering from nearly the same problem but i do feel the need to pee during these 2-3 hours but i can ignore it for 2-3 hrs then i really have to go... nothing was found when cystoscopy was done one me too...
i am a girl.... when this problem started did u go more often then every 2 hrs?
yeah and one thing more if u urinated a lot at first and now u have some how learned to ignore it for 2 hrs it may be overactive bladder u r suffering from! as one can improve the situtioan but not cure it urself medications r neede for total cure

Last edited by in need of help; 10-21-2004 at 02:06 PM.

Closed Thread