It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2004, 08:01 AM   #1
(female)

JimmySara HB User
spraying urine in a female

I have noticed the spraying of urine, instead of a solid stream, when I go to the bathroom for a few years now (it may have started before that, but I am female and I don't watch the pee come out very often. ). Lately it has gotten worse and I have to also wipe off the inside of my thighs because some urine gets on them. I didn't think much of it, until I started to feel as if I need to urinate all of the time (especially at night). I drink A LOT of water during the day, so it isn't really a problem then. But the later it gets, and when I am laying in bed watching TV it is a horrible feeling. It isn't pain, or an intense feeling,,,,,,,,,,,more just the slight ache you get at first (so 99% of the time I know I don't really have to go). I went to the urologist yesterday, and he dialated my urethra,,,,,,,,OUCH! I don't know if it is any better yet because now it hurts because of the dialation. I am reading that dialation may cause scare tissue so it may make it worse. What am I to do now? This has been going on for so long that I am starting to go out of my mind! At first it started out that I felt as if I had a vaginal infection so often and would go to the doctor to find out nothing is wrong. They would test for a UTI, but nothing there either. The only thing it could be is that my urethra isn't free flowing. What can I do besides dialation to make it as large as it should be? I was in a bad car accident almost 10 years ago, and a catheder was put in when I was in a coma. Could that have started the scar tissue that has been slowly closing up my urethra and causing all of these problems? I have also had many many UTI's after the wreck, but never had any before. Any suggestions of what I need to do next to fix this? My problems started around the time of the accident, and are gradually getting worse. PLEASE HELP ME!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2004, 08:21 AM   #2
(male)

dreamer54 HB Userdreamer54 HB User
Re: spraying urine in a female

Sounds like you have a Stricture in your Urethra. Strictures are basically scar tissue which cause a narrowing in the Urethra passage. Often they are a result of an accident, constant UTI`s , or catheter use. Some doctors will dialate ( stretch) the Urethra in an attempt to correct this problem but often this will make matters worst. There are surgical methods to correct a sticture when they become more of a problem. Sometimes, a Stricture causes the person to retain urine in their bladder after they void, causing the feeling of never totally being empty.

Old 11-13-2004, 03:18 PM   #3

nkok_nito HB User

here is the majic potion that worked for me drink pure cranberry juice a half of cup a day and the pain will disapper ...

Old 11-24-2004, 07:42 AM   #4
(female)

JimmySara HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer54
Sounds like you have a Stricture in your Urethra. Strictures are basically scar tissue which cause a narrowing in the Urethra passage. Often they are a result of an accident, constant UTI`s , or catheter use. Some doctors will dialate ( stretch) the Urethra in an attempt to correct this problem but often this will make matters worst. There are surgical methods to correct a sticture when they become more of a problem. Sometimes, a Stricture causes the person to retain urine in their bladder after they void, causing the feeling of never totally being empty.
When the doctor dialated the urethra, it never bled. So that would mean I would NOT get more scare tissue from this dialation? A couple years ago I had silver put into my bladder to try to calm these feelings down, and that time I did bleed a little (a very small amount, but when I wiped for the day after I would see a tiny bit of blood). The first time they put the silver in I got a vaginal bacterial infection, but this time I got a vaginal yeast infection. If I end up needing the surgery, how long will I have to be in this pain before they do it? I do feel a lot better now, but it is still slightly there still. I want to be able to take all of this information back to my doctor in a week if it isn't all gone. Please help me! Thanks so much to Dreamer54 and nkok nito!

Last edited by JimmySara; 11-24-2004 at 07:45 AM.

Old 11-27-2004, 06:31 PM   #5
(male)

dreamer54 HB Userdreamer54 HB User

JimmySara..........I certainly didn`t mean to scare you, you may never need surgery if you do indeed have a stricture. However some people that have stirctures and have them dialated have reported that they were made worst. It sounds to me like the doctor helped you since you are feeling better. It took me a few weeks to get over the pain and start feeling better but then again, I did bleed after he got done. Write down all your questions and take the list with you when you go back. If you`re anything like me, you`ll forget what you want to ask as soon as you get in the doctors office..........lol . He would be the best one to answer your questions, I can only tell you what happened to me. Good luck !

Old 12-30-2004, 07:43 PM   #6
(female)

girlnina HB User

I am having a similar problem. (haven't gone to the doctor because I recently relocated and don't have insurance). ANYWAYS. My spray was actually going outside the toilet, and it had gotten sort of constricted (i used to pee A LOT and freely, no pushing required). So i decided to try cranberry pills (there are several, i was using AZO cranberry, purple box- i think it reads "healthy urinary tract" or such on the box, 50 pills- i started with 2 three times a day with meals, lately i have gone down to just 2 in the morning; last night I bought another brand/kind-SpringValley makes it, dark green bottle reads "cranberry fruit/ healthy urinary tract function", it says to take 2-4 three times a day (100 in a bottle), i'll probably take 2, 2 times a day.
the nutritional label says a serving is 4 (on the spring valley), where as the other(AZO) was just 2 for a serving.
This has helped me not spray, and pee a little freer (though sometimes if i stop taking it and then take it again, my pee will be cloudy- it must be cleaning stuff up). I had had a dialation way back in '95 and only till the past couple months did I have a problem similar to yours. I've had kidney infections, kidney stones and bladder infection, but this causes me no pain accept when i wake up in the morning and feel like pee has been stored for days (very full feeling).
To be on the safe side, for my body, I've started taking a multi vitamin, too.
Good Luck!

Closed Thread