It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2004, 07:59 AM   #1

Tigress223 HB User
Adult Onset Bedwetting?

Hello,

I have been married for 17 years and over this period of time my husband has wet the bed in his sleep about 6 times, twice within the last 3 years counting last night. He said he was dreaming he was going to the bathroom and woke up wetting the bed.

It's not a frequent problem but it does concern me. He was not a bedwetter as a child so why would he start having "accidents" as an adult? Is this something that could have a medical connection?

Thanks for any advice.

Old 11-20-2004, 09:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Adult Onset Bedwetting?

wetting the bed while dreaming you are going to the toilet somewhere is quite common, he will need to stop having those dreams and to wake himself instead

the urine comes out at body temperature so it feels warm, a urine alarm would help
its probably an anxiety thing
some meds can cause strong vivid dreams, antidepressants, etc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2004, 05:56 PM   #3
(male)

dreamer54 HB Userdreamer54 HB User

Bedwetting in adult males can be a sign of urinary retention. Best to be examined by a Urologist for possible problems such as an enlarged prostate or a stricture ( scar tissue) in the urethra. Both can cause urinary retention causing the bladder to retain urine. If the bladder retains too much urine, it can cause urinary trac infections, kidney problems and also cause the bladder to stretch which could cause permenent problems down the road. Prostate enlargement problems are common in men over 50 and sometimes even younger.

Old 11-22-2004, 06:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

It can also be related to some sort of spinal nerve problem such as a compressed nerve or bone spurs.has he had any sort of neck or back pain or any unusual symptoms like numbness or tingling in any of his extremities?

Old 11-29-2004, 10:58 AM   #5

melleth HB User

I have occasionaly had this happen to me too. Dream you are going and next thing you know your wide awake and wet. I learned to wake up when I am having those dreams and get to the bathroom. Try not having any liquids after a certain time at night so the blader is not so full. Don't feel bad your not alone.

Old 12-09-2004, 06:02 AM   #6

Tigress223 HB User

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was concerned there may be a health problem but maybe not. (Except for the urinary retention dreamer54 mentioned) I'll have to do some research on that as I'm not familiar with it. In any case it's good to know I'm not alone. Thanks again.

Closed Thread