It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2004, 12:57 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Did a lack of water create protein in my urine?

When I went to my doctor for a checkup to determine the cause of my headaches and chest pain, they somehow managed to work a urinalysis into the exam; they found I had a lot of protein in my urine, and then they sent it to be tested further, wielding no signs of urinary tract infections. The doctor, who is actually a pediatric nurse practitioner, assured me and my mom that protein in urine, of any amount, is normal in a teenage girl.

I went to a rheumatologist, who was concerned about protein in my urine along with a positive ANA blood test result of 1:640. But he told me that certain bodily changes can cause protein to be present in the urine.

Now I used to drink a lot, and I mean a LOT, of water, to the point where my urine was clear. But since school began, I drank less fluids in general, and started to regrettably drink diet soda, at least one can a day, as well as coffee, tea, and juice. I stopped drinking water, more or less.

So, with ALL that senseless rambling, here's my actual question: Could my halt to water intake and increase in more concentrated fluid intake have made a greater presence of protein in my urine?

Also, can you tell by the color of urine if protein is present?

I'd sincerely appreciate any help with this matter; I only ask because I wonder if the protein is a result of a lack of water or if it actually is because of a connective tissue disorder O.o

Dark Stranger - always sick

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread