It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2005, 06:36 PM   #1
(female)

cindygal HB User
Urodynamic testing

Has anyone underwent "urodynamic testing"? My urologist wants me to do this test where she will take scans of my bladder. I heard that catheters must be inserted into the bladder and rectum during the scan. This sounds very scary. If you have had or know anything about this, please let me know.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2005, 08:51 PM   #2
(female)

Chanzee HB User
Re: Urodynamic testing

Hi Cindy,
My husband just had it done. It was a piece of cake " except" for the pulling off of the tape from his penis, YIKES. You won't have that problem.

Nothing about it was bad for him. The thing they put up the rectum didn't bother him at all. So don't worry. However the bill was $3000. Thank God for insurance.

You feel an urgency when you have alot of the fluid in you, but that's it .

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2005, 08:50 AM   #3

not40 HB User

cindygal, nothing hurts about it, but for me i was just embarrassed while the nurse was hooking it all up. good luck!

Old 02-08-2005, 12:30 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

danimal15 HB User

I had it three years ago - yes it's embarrassing to have the probes hooked up, but it's worthwhile because the doctor looked at the results and immediately diagnosed my problem - right there in the testing room! The only painful part was having the probe inserted into my urethra and then having it pulled out at the end. Like a very sharp pinch but only for a second. During the test, there's not a lot of discomfort. You're just asked to hold in fluid as long as possible and then let it out. After the test, I felt fine. In fact, I walked two miles back to my home.

Dan

Last edited by danimal15; 02-08-2005 at 12:30 PM.

Old 02-26-2005, 01:57 PM   #5
(male)

AK47 HB User

I've had two Urodynamic tests and can tell you that it was not painful,just uncomfortable.From what I know it seems to be the diffinitive test for many urinary problems.Don't be worried!!

Closed Thread