It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 11:32 AM   #1
(female)

robyn1530 HB User
Constant Burning Sensation

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board and I was hoping someone would have some insight. I have been having a constant burning sensation down there and feel like I have to pee all the time. I went to my gyno and she poked around and said she thought the pain was comming from my urethra but everything looked good. She took a swab and a urine sample. The urine was negative and normal but she said I had a yeast infection even though there was no itching or discharge. She gave me diflucan which didn't help the burning at all. I also used monistat,didn't help either. It doesn't hurt to touch down there or while urinating, I just have a constant burning sensation and urge to pee. Has anyone ever heard of or had anything like this? I feel like I'm going to go crazy

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2005, 07:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wmkcolors HB Userwmkcolors HB User
Re: Constant Burning Sensation

I'm experiencing this right now. I went into menopause, early in life, which can dry out all your tissues, thus leading to the burning. I don't know where you are at, with your cycles, but that's one reason. Another reason for the burning can be caused by having sex. The Skene Glands, close to the urethra can become irritated. I've developed chronic urethritis and vulvodynia, burning vulva syndrome. Sometimes, everything is so close together, it's hard to tell which part is actually hurting. Have you researched cystitis and urethritis? Also look up vulvodynia. I've had frequent urges to urinate and it often burns. I'm now taking a medicine called, Elmiron, which is helping. I also try to drink alot of water and find relief, with hot baths and a heating pad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2006, 07:27 AM   #3
(female)

green girl HB User

Check out Dysesthectic Vulvodynia I`m a 55 year old women who has this, its a subtype of vulvodynia.I have all your symtoms and more.Urethral or rectal discomfort is often associated with the vulvar pain. Sitting is the worst part of it I can`t sit for very long and it bothers me. Going to Doc again today to see what else I can do to get rid of the pain.This has been gong on for five months now and very few good days.If I could stand all the time it would be more comfortable but can`t stand all my life. lol Hope this helps. green girl

Old 04-27-2006, 04:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User

I have Vulvodynia also and have the burning, which is the worst symptom for me. I wish I knew someone locally to talk to about it b/c it's such an isolating disorder and very few Drs. know what it is or how to treat it.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

It could also be interstitial cystitus.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:59 AM   #6

Kanda HB User

urinary tract infection. those are the exact syptoms. did they take urine sample its the only way to tell

Closed Thread