It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2005, 11:39 AM   #1
(female)

aaholmes HB User
Question UTI-Clear effectiveness?

I read about this product that was ranted and raved about on a bunch of other websites. It's called UTI-Clear and it's made by a reputable herbal company named Native Remedies. The testimonials sounded real, and the ingredients (and their properties I researched) sound reasonable enough to work...but I'm still a little suspicious. I've never tried an herbal remedy before, but I suffer from chronic UTI's and typical antibiotics have stopped working completely for me. I've ordered the UTI-Clear and I'm going to test out the bottle once it arrives.

But I'm curious...has anyone ever used this product before? If so, did it work?

I will be posting back on this topic once I try out the product to let you guys know, because recurrent UTI's are definitely no bowl of cherries.

~ashley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2005, 10:20 AM   #2
(female)

marykay HB User
Re: UTI-Clear effectiveness?

Hi just wondered if you ever tried the uti clear and if it works I sent away for some too, and was wondering if you found it effective or not. I have had several utis in the past year and I am sick of taking the antibiotics I am desperatly trying to find something else that works.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2005, 04:09 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Millard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB User

Have you tried D-Mannose? It is derrived from natural sugars and supposed to eliminate UTI's caused by E.Coli bacteria.

-Millard

Old 07-26-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
(female)

marykay HB User

I have tried d manose it didnt help me at all. After coming off one of the antibiotics I started using it as a preventative and I still got another uti. By what I read on it it only helps if it is ecoli. Thanks for the reply.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

large doses of vitamin C sometimes help to stop bladder infections

Old 07-26-2005, 09:25 PM   #6
(female)

ohiogal20 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hry33
large doses of vitamin C sometimes help to stop bladder infections
hry33,
I have suffered with severe UTI's since I was five. My docter told me to avoide caffeine, citric acid and vitamin C because they make your problem worse. I'm not sure how true it is, but I try to drink nothing but water and milk and still get UTI's. So, that's my opinion. Maybe it's different for other people.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:27 PM   #7
(female)

ohiogal20 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogal20
hry33,
I have suffered with severe UTI's since I was five. My docter told me to avoide caffeine, citric acid and vitamin C because they make your problem worse. I'm not sure how true it is, but I try to drink nothing but water and milk and still get UTI's. So, that's my opinion. Maybe it's different for other people.

Old 07-27-2005, 09:16 AM   #8
(female)

marykay HB User

Thankyou I didnt know about vitimin C I will sure try it Im willing to try about anything right now.

Old 07-28-2005, 03:31 AM   #9
(male)

Asak HB User

Although I have never tried this particular remedy, I have tried other herbal remedies in the past and I came to the conclusion that they are crap. They basically don't do anything, and the testimonials are either wishful thinking or outright lies. I'm not saying that the remedies couldn't potentially cure someone (if you took enough of the right thing over a long, long period of time), but they are just so completely ineffective in comparison to modern medicine/antibiotics that they're really just a waste of time.

Old 08-08-2005, 08:36 PM   #10

AnneDecollete HB User

I am very susceptible to UTI's and have had several. The last time I had one my doc tried 7 or 8 different antibotics because I am now so resistant and every time I would finish one script and go to get tested it would show the bacteria still there. The infection finally cleared up but the pills cost me over $500. So when it came back last year I looked around and found the Native Remedies site and figured what did I have to lose and ordered the UTI-Clear. It seems expensive but for me it was so worth it and really it's a whole lot cheaper than prescription drugs if you don't have insurance for meds. I used the UTI-Clear for about a week and it worked quicker than any of those pills and got rid of the infection. One day last week I woke up with lower back pain and had discomfort and saw blood when I went to the bathroom - I was scared. But I started back with the UTI-Clear and it was like I had taken Visine for the bladder - in two days it "got the red out" and I was clear again and felt much better. I always keep some on hand now. It may or may not work for everyone but I am so grateful to have found this product. I also take a heavy-duty vitamin C caplet and drink plenty of water to help stay clear.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:42 PM   #11
(female)

ohiogal20 HB User

i went to a urologist when i was about ten years old to see what the heck was wrong with me and why i wouldn't go to the bathroom like i should and why i always got an infection; he said that my bladder wasn't draining properly--like it was an empty pop can that's always got a little bit of soda left in it and that it sets in my bladder and causes an infection. he told me to avoid caffeine, vitamin c, and citric acid. he gave me a surgery expanding my bladder saying that it would help with the infections. i was alright for about a year after but then i got another infection. only this time, i had pain in my urinary tract and kidneys. i could remember screaming with pain because they hurt so bad. since he's expanded my bladder opening, i now use the bathroom about 25 times a day - it sucks!! and at night, i have to use the bathroom a lot. since i was so little when i got the surgery, i wasn't used to going from straight no peeing to peeing ALL THE TIME. i wouldn't wake up and i'd end up wetting the bed. thing is, it's now ten years later and i still use the bathroom all the time, more even, and i get pains in my ovaries, still wet the bed (it's embarrassing I know.) and i can't have a normal sleeping relationship with my boyfriend, who understands, but i know it bothers him. i haven't been back to the docter in about ten years now for it (due to mostly no medical insurance) and because I think all urologists are quacks. that docter messed me up for life. does anyone out there experience anything like what i'm going through? how do you cope?? what do you do? what do you take?? any advice at all you could give me i'd be grateful for. thanks everyone.

Old 08-16-2005, 07:45 PM   #12
(female)

DEBBIE ELLIOTT HB User

Try Ditropan Xl. My Case Is Simulor To Yours But Different. I'm A Quadroplegic In A Wheelchair. I Have Worn A Catheter For Many Years And I Now Get Bladder Infection Called Psydomonis And Urin Stays In The Bladder And Causes These Infections. Ditropan Xl Helps With The Leaking Of The Bladder. It Is Worse For Me After Flushing My Bladder As Well. Good Luck Debbie

Old 08-18-2005, 11:26 AM   #13
(female)

ohiogal20 HB User

debbie ~ ditropan XL...is that one of those over active bladder medications? i was already on one of those. what was it called...??? detrol. that's it. they say that your not supposed to take if you have stomach, urinary or glacoma <--(sp) problems. and they're right. because i was used to using the bathroom so much, it made my body stop going and kept it all inside, giving me a kidney infection really bad. sigh. i dunno. thanks for the help though.

Closed Thread