It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2005, 06:00 PM   #1
(male)

dwdwdw HB User
Spasm in the penis sphincter?

Hello,
I am 24 years old and I have had some urological problems for 1 year and a half.
It was awful for the first few months then it was more manageble, just some mild bladder burning etc and I lived a normal life.
Before I had major frequency penile discomfort, perinial discomfort, painful ejaculations and all that, weakend stream as well.

I was tested for everything, cystoscopy cystometry, MRI, Urodynamic flow etc.

Nothing was ever found, only that I had tight muscles in the pelvic floor.
Well I had forgotten all about it til it all came back this easter.
Stayed for 3 weeks, then left again.
Two weeks of happiness then POW it hit me 10 times worse then ever and it has stayed this way for 3 months.

I am seriously starting to wonder what is causing this, something isnt right.
The discomforts I have now are 24/7 and gets intensified when urinating.
Last time urinating made it feel better.

On the cystoscopy they found it very hard to get past the uretheral sphincter and it was very sore.
I have read about a disorder where the sphincter spasms up and causes a weaker stream.
If that is my case would it then explain the discomforts I have in my urethera as well? Detrusor Sphincter dysinergia I beleive its called.
My discomforts are in the BASE of the penis.

If anyone can help me with some advice Id be happy since this has shattered my whole life now, havent left the house for 3 months only for doctors visits and they just pump me with antibiotics that never helped.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2005, 06:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Spasm in the penis sphincter?

Has your doctor ever mentioned that it might be Interstial Cystitus? Its more common in women but men do have it also. It can be hard to get it diagnosed.Your symptoms sure sound like that might be the problem.

Old 07-26-2005, 08:57 AM   #3
(male)

dwdwdw HB User

Yes they have talked about that and excluded that as best as they can by a cystoscopy and cystometri.
My bladder can hold 600 ml and doesnt spasm during filling.
I have no signs of inflammation in the bladder and also I dont get up peeing at night at all, which also indicated my bladders isnt my problem.
No its just constant discomfort in the urethera that is completely unmanageble..

Old 07-26-2005, 03:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

do the kegel pelvic floor muscle exercises, details on net, may help and cant hurt
ask doc about a low dose course of imipramine it calms the bladder and area as a side effect and is used for bedwetting

Old 07-26-2005, 03:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

do the kegel pelvic floor muscle exercises, details on net, may help and cant hurt
ask doc about a low dose course of imipramine it calms the bladder and area as a side effect and is used for bedwetting

Old 07-26-2005, 04:13 PM   #6
(male)

dwdwdw HB User

Thank you for your replies,

Yes I did the kegels last time I went to biofeedback, that was the only test I had that showed something wasnt right it showed my muscles where too tense.

This is annoying and its beeing so stuborn, stayed for 3 months now and actually only been getting worse.
Its left me crippled and well I just cant wait for it to go away.

I am seeing a neurologist sometime soon whenever hes back from vacation and I am seeing a urologist, again.

So far though they have not helped me at all with my condition.
I have had various symptoms for 2 years and well some have come and went but I never was symptom free, and this new penile discomfort/pain is SO much worse then the other symptoms. I never had it before and I cant stand walk or sit its always there.

I got perinial discomfort back too havent had that for 8 months and it stayed for a month but is all gone now.
All that really remains is this.
I am at a loss as to what to do.

I am taking amitriptaline and antiinflammatories for a month to no avail.
Is it possible that a spasming muscle can cause these pains?

Closed Thread