It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
(male)

z06 HB User
Scope in penis !!!!!!

Hey, I have to get one of those scopes through my penis to check for blockage and to look at the blatter !!!! What can i expect pain wise and how long will it hurt PLZ help Thanks.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
Re: Scope in penis !!!!!!

Hi z06,

My father had a scope in his penis. Of course he is 78 and has parkinson and alzheimers and does not feel pain as much as some people.

They should inject a numbing med. into your penis and/or the scope/tube. If you request it, they might give you something the day b4 to take for anxiety about this procedure?! My father did not. He said that it only hurt while they put it in and took it out. Not while it was in. And did not hurt after it was out. I think some guys do get irritated for a while afterwards.

Maybe you will get more answers in the am. Good Luck. Wannabe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 03:22 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Millard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB User

I had a cystoscopy done a couple of months ago. The Dr. will inject some lidocaine into your urethrea and place a small clamp to numb everything. He then inserts a proble with a light and looks around. When he did mine, he saw a couple of bladder stones and went ahead and got them while he was there. With me, the whole thing tooks about three to four minutes. If he only looks inside your bladder, it shouldn't take more than a minute. After the stone removal, as a precaution, he prescribed a week of antibiotics. The following day I was a little sensitive but no real pain. The anxiety I suffered was much worse than the procedure.

Good luck,

Millard

Old 08-16-2005, 04:50 AM   #4
(male)

z06 HB User

Thanks for the Info guys , I was just worried because i am i bit small down there and cant see anything like that fitting in there

Old 08-19-2005, 01:49 AM   #5
(male)

ponyboi HB User

had that done couple weeks ago not bad at all did not hurt just felt like i had to pee no numing meds. just lube on the scope . took about 15 mins

Old 08-31-2005, 04:06 AM   #6
(male)

z06 HB User

Ok , I had the scope done Yes there was some pain but today i can pee without so much burn. What he found was that my prostate is pinching off the urin tube I have been on uroxatral for about two months with little results. My question is what is next ?? What else can they do ? Is there any 1 here in the same boat as me ??? I feel like i dont empty my blatter all the way, and i have to pee alot and have a weak stream . Thanks for any help.

Closed Thread