It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2005, 05:15 PM   #1
(female)

Sallyx HB User
Swollen Urethra? what does this mean?

I put a question up a few days ago as I was having pain in my urethra. When looking at it, I can see that my urethra is swollen and it's almost as though part of it is bulging out, but one side is definatly more swollen. This has not gone away and it aches when I begin to urinate, but after a couple of seconds I'm fine. It also aches if I sit the wrong way, but upon touch.. it doesn't hurt. I am wondering if anyone has ever had a anything similar? Wondering about the possiblity of it being a bladder stone or possibly a stone in my urethra? Is this possible? there is definatly no pus.. just a very swollen part of urethra that won't go away. Just wondering if anyone has ever had the same thing??

Old 04-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
(female)

Sickgirl4 HB User
Re: Swollen Urethra? what does this mean?

Yes, I am experiencing the same thing. I have a swollen urethra, and it seems to be getting worse. I keep getting UTI's I went to a uerologist today. He did the test with the camera that looks at the bladder, and he sent me to do an MRI of that area. He told me it my be urethral cancer(not likely, just maybe), a blockage, or it could be swelling for no reason or at least he doesn't know. I'm really afraid. I have other health problems, but this is the worst pain I've felt. It hurts to sit. When I find out more, I will post it. These bladder and urethral problems are a nightmare.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
(female)

Sickgirl4 HB User
Red face Re: Swollen Urethra? what does this mean?

I have a swollen Urethra also. I have been having constant UTI's and pain. If anyone else can help with this, please let me know also. I went to the uerologist today. I asked for pain medication for the unbelievable pain, and that buthole wouldn't give me any. He did the test where they stick the camera up to your bladder and look at it. It showed some blood clots on my bladder. I showed him where my urethra was swollen, and he did look concerned. He said it could be urethral cancer(but unlikely), a blockage of some sort, or just be swollen for some unknown reason. He sent me to do an MRI of that area, and I am suspose to go back next week. I am very afraid. He said if he doesn't see nothing in the MRI, that there is really nothing he can do. So if he doesn't care, then I have to go on a hunt to find another uerologist. I hope this helped someone, and please reply anyone who has been through this problem. Thanks.

Closed Thread