It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2005, 10:41 AM   #1
(female)

girlfrompa HB User
Do DMSO instillations workfor IC, Anyone?

I just had a dmso instillation into my bladder for IC. Hurt like heck and about an hour after. The doctor scheduled me to go for another one next week. Has anyone had experience with this? Or any other treatment that has helped? At this point I will try about anything.

I did take Elmiron for three months, and did not feel better. Then I had someone tell me (and read) that it could take longer, even 6 months. My doctor said o.k. go back on it. What is that? Did he not know? I even asked about the instillations. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Old 12-25-2005, 06:23 PM   #2
(female)

bathroomgenie HB User
Re: Do DMSO instillations workfor IC, Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfrompa
I just had a dmso instillation into my bladder for IC. Hurt like heck and about an hour after. The doctor scheduled me to go for another one next week. Has anyone had experience with this? Or any other treatment that has helped? At this point I will try about anything.

I did take Elmiron for three months, and did not feel better. Then I had someone tell me (and read) that it could take longer, even 6 months. My doctor said o.k. go back on it. What is that? Did he not know? I even asked about the instillations. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
I've tried the DSMO twice and it only made the pain worse. I have read where some people are helped by it. have you tried Heparin instills? I have been having them done for years now and it helps some with the peeing and pain when it is really bad. Only thing was it took 8 months for it to start helping. Had it done once a week then and still do. How about a tens? I've had the Elmiron instills with no help. The heparin is stronger then the Elmiron also. Plus when they did the instills did they put lidocaine in the ererithra first? They do for me or else I would never be able to have it done. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2005, 05:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User
Re: Do DMSO instillations workfor IC, Anyone?

Had a co-worker who had those instillations, and after they got done with however many she had, she said it did make a difference for the better, but wasn't easy to go through.

Closed Thread