It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2006, 08:17 AM   #1
(male)

ranger2 HB User
Buzzing/Vibration Sensation

For the past few weeks, I have been experiencing a vibrating or buzzing sensation in my penis. It first began in the glans region, where it felt as is if a cell phone set to "vibrate ring" were placed against it. The sensation then moved into the shaft and base over the next few days. The intensity has subsided somewhat from the onset, but it is still noticeabe.

There is no pain associated with this sensation, and everything else seems normal (coloration, urination, sexual function). The feeling is not constant, and occurs while sitting, standing, or laying down. There have been some days where it was practically absent, and others where it occurred almost the entire day.

I have been in a monogamous relationship (as has my wife) for ten years, and feel as if I can rule out any STDs. I thought my condition was unique until doing some Google searches, where I found some other (now closed) threads with several other men with the exact same symptoms. Some had reported having the symptom for only few weeks, and some for months, only for it to go away without treatment. Many reported seeing a doctor and being tested for UTI or STD with negative results. A common theme I found amongst several of the men was a history of lower back pain and stressful job/lifestyle. I also share these two qualities and have been treated by a chiropractor for the past three years with very good results.

What was absent from the posts was an actual diagnosis, which I am trying to find, and also to determine if I need to see a doctor. I feel that this is not a medical emergency, but am fairly distressed over this condition due to the sensitive locale of the symptom.

Has anyone else out there had this condition? If so, please share your experience. I am trying to ride this thing out, in the hope that it will simply go away over time, but each day that I wake up with the sensation still there, I am very tempted to go see the Urologist. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #2

JimmyW HB User
Re: Buzzing/Vibration Sensation

I can tell you I have had the same symptoms for the last week. The only thing different is there I times I have frequent urination to go along with these symptoms.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #3
(male)

bryan37bryan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger2 View Post
For the past few weeks, I have been experiencing a vibrating or buzzing sensation in my penis. It first began in the glans region, where it felt as is if a cell phone set to "vibrate ring" were placed against it. The sensation then moved into the shaft and base over the next few days. The intensity has subsided somewhat from the onset, but it is still noticeabe.

There is no pain associated with this sensation, and everything else seems normal (coloration, urination, sexual function). The feeling is not constant, and occurs while sitting, standing, or laying down. There have been some days where it was practically absent, and others where it occurred almost the entire day.

I have been in a monogamous relationship (as has my wife) for ten years, and feel as if I can rule out any STDs. I thought my condition was unique until doing some ****** searches, where I found some other (now closed) threads with several other men with the exact same symptoms. Some had reported having the symptom for only few weeks, and some for months, only for it to go away without treatment. Many reported seeing a doctor and being tested for UTI or STD with negative results. A common theme I found amongst several of the men was a history of lower back pain and stressful job/lifestyle. I also share these two qualities and have been treated by a chiropractor for the past three years with very good results.

What was absent from the posts was an actual diagnosis, which I am trying to find, and also to determine if I need to see a doctor. I feel that this is not a medical emergency, but am fairly distressed over this condition due to the sensitive locale of the symptom.

Has anyone else out there had this condition? If so, please share your experience. I am trying to ride this thing out, in the hope that it will simply go away over time, but each day that I wake up with the sensation still there, I am very tempted to go see the Urologist. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
(male)

bryan37bryan HB User

I have been having the same experience. I am 37 yO with a vibrating or buzzing sensation in my penis that felt as is if a cell phone set to "vibrate ring" were placed against it. The sensation comes and goes, but has not gone away. I saw a Urologist, who diagnosed me with Prostatitis. He put me on antibiotics, but the symptoms have not yet gone away (10 days now of Cipro). Did you ever get a diagnosis? Did it go away? I would REALLY appreciate knowing what you have learned.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
(male)

pitts01 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger2 View Post

I have been in a monogamous relationship (as has my wife) for ten years, and feel as if I can rule out any STDs. I thought my condition was unique until doing some Google searches, where I found some other (now closed) threads with several other men with the exact same symptoms. Some had reported having the symptom for only few weeks, and some for months, only for it to go away without treatment. Many reported seeing a doctor and being tested for UTI or STD with negative results. A common theme I found amongst several of the men was a history of lower back pain and stressful job/lifestyle. I also share these two qualities and have been treated by a chiropractor for the past three years with very good results.

Yes! Im a 34yo male with lower back problems and lots of stress. I also visit a chiropractor on a regular basis. I have been having the same problem for 3 days now???????

Closed Thread