It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2006, 12:42 AM   #1
(male)

Don-n-NY HB User
Talking My urine was very yellow, does it mean anything?

Or does it mean nothing?
I could swear it's very yellow sometimes like it might have blood in it.
Or do all people let out some blood in their pee all the time, and it's yellow to some degree all the time?
Let me know. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2006, 12:45 AM   #2
(male)

jeps1lon HB User
Re: My urine was very yellow, does it mean anything?

From what I've learned in my nursing classes, you should NOT have any blood excreted in the urine, let alone pass through the urethra. So, that's definitely a a big no-no.

All people ******* blood in their urine? No, but those that do, might have some sort of urinary tract disorder.

As for the part about "having your urine so yellow sometimes it looks like blood is in it". I don't think that makes sense, since they're two different colors. Maybe I didn't understand your sentence.

Last edited by jeps1lon; 03-25-2006 at 12:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2006, 03:49 AM   #3

shye&curious HB User

very yellow urine can be a sign of dehydration. just drink more water and you should see the urine get lighter
as for blood in your pee, i recommend getting that checked out

Old 03-25-2006, 05:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

Blood in the pee would generally turn the urine a tea color. Yellow is just concentrated urine, or is it a BRIGHT yellow, almost a florescent sort of color? If so, are you taking iron supplements?

Old 03-25-2006, 09:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

B vitamin supplements can also change the color of urine. However, the most likely cause is just that you are not drinking enough water and that your urine is overly concentrated.

Old 03-25-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
(female)

Armymom HB User

I work in long term care & have never seen urine turn bright yellow from not drinking enough. It will turn an amber color if concentrated. I too will have bright yellow urine once or twice a day. I take multi vits & B 12 complex & it's usually the 1st time or 2 that I void after taking them that my urine is very yellow. My MD said it's from the body flushing out the vitamins that it doesn't need. He said it's nothing to worry about & to keep taking the vits. as there are some that I need. I agree w/ everyone else though that you need to be checked out if you notice blood in your urine. Look for the amber color I mentioned earlier as it can be a sign of blood as well as dehydration. Also,s your urine cloudy or do you notice any sediment in it? Those are definitely signs of a UTI. You don't necessarily have to have the burning w/ void & other sx that most people would have. My dtr. gets freq. UTI's & never has any burning or pain. Good luck.

Old 03-25-2006, 09:59 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

I might also add that dark or amber-colored urine can signal liver problems, such as Hepatitis. It would probably be a good idea to see your doctor for a proper diagnosis.

Old 03-27-2006, 08:56 PM   #8
(male)

Don-n-NY HB User
Talking Re: My urine was very yellow, does it mean anything?

I take alot of supplements and it has gotten super lighter, almost like clear.
Thanks for the tip. I also take potassium supplements too. Also when you have a cold or sore throat is urinating one of the bodies biggest methods for disposing of the beaten virus, or just one of the methods?
I so gulped like close to a gallon of water in one day. I'm going pee pee alot more but must say I feel bloated now.
Thank you.

Closed Thread