It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
(male)

JamesFF HB User
tingle in penis

I'm a 28 year old male and had a tingling feeling in the tip of my penis almost as if i had to urinate, but don't. I went to my doctor checked my urine, it came up negative for anything. Then checked my prostate and said it was "slightly boggy" then told me its something he'd overlook if he was checking a prostate for other things, because it was not that bad. Then proceeded to ask me about my sex life and told him that we had anal intercourse but have done it in the past without problems also that I've been with the same girl for over 2 years and these problems recently came up, so STD's were ruled out and asked if my girlfriend had a yeast infection, she did have one before this happened but it was treated. So the doctor then prescribed Fluconazole and Avelox. 3 weeks after the medication was done my problems went away. A few months after that I was having anal intercourse with my girlfriend and two days later it all came back. The medication was refilled and taken and nothing has cleared up yet. I am also uncircumcised I was wondering if it is infact a yeast infection could that be a hinder on healing time because the foreskin keeps the head of my penis warm and moist? I did call my doctor and informed him of this again and he said to wait it out another week to see if it gets better, it is infact getting better and really only tingles after urination for 20-30 minutes then goes away, faster if i'm not sitting down. Then he would refer me to a urologist..I'm just trying to jump the gun here to see what i might be expecting.

Any help would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2006, 02:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: tingle in penis

A yeast infection would be irritating, not tingling. I was having regular anal intercourse at 28, and am uncircumcised, with no resulting problems. I checked with a doctor, and he said that it was very unlikely for it to cause any problems...this was before hepatitis C and HIV. I would bet that it is a developing prostate infection.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:44 PM   #3
(male)

JamesFF HB User
Re: tingle in penis

it is what i thought, however I took Avelox...it was for two weeks. Perhaps I wasn't on the medication long enough?

Any ideas for self help healing...I'm not ruling out the doctor, but just to make this better feeling for myself inbetween doctor's visits and while they're medication is working

Closed Thread