It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
(female)

Mamma Lucia HB User
Bloody stool related to Urinary Tract Infection?

Hello,

Just wanted to update you. My dad had his colonoscopy last month on April 5th, and all they found was inflammation of the anus. However, my dad has been getting blood clots in his stool. What complicates things further is that he is also battling Urinary Tract Infection (due to BENIGN, enlarged prostate). My dad is only eating fruits, vegetables, and bread, and drinking plenty of water. Let me give you the sequence of events, and perhaps you can help sort this out

*April 5th 2006, colonoscopy only found inflammation of the anus, NOTHING ELSE. Colonoscopy doctor prescribed Analpram HC 2.5, to be applied twice a day

*Dad has been suffering discomfort (if 10 is worst pain, he was suffering 3) due to enlarged BENIGN prostate, which is causing recurring Urinary Tract Infection. Hence, on April 28th 2006, Urologist performed Transurethral Microwave Therapy to destroy the oversized parts of the prostate. Dad has extremely high pain threshold, and he says this procedure was extremely painful. Heís still traumatized by the experience.

*He has even WORSE discomfort (if 10 is worst pain, he was suffering 8) while his body is trying to break down and absorb the overgrown prostate tissue.

*May 3rd, 2006, Urologist prescribed Prosed, to take twice a day, and dad went from worse to burning hell (if 10 is worst pain, he was suffering 16) due to the side effects of this medication, i.e. dizziness, pain while urinating, shortness of breath (pressure in center of chest). Dad stopped taking it on May 4th, 2006.

Please tell me what are causing these blood clots. How to proceed with the doctor?

I appreciate your support.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread