It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
(male)

Dazed667 HB User
can problems be caused by holding urine too much?

Hi everybody,
I would like to ask if, when you have the urge to urine and delay it for much time, is it possible to cause damage to yourself? I don't mean not to urine on purpose regularly, but it happened to me that I had to do some h/s examinations and I had to drink much water. There was a small delay in the lab so for about 10 minutes I REALLY had to urine, but I could control myself. Anyway, the examination ended, I urined and I didn't feel anything wrong. But, I would like to ask, mostly out of curiosity, but also because today (the examination was yesterday) i felt for some time a bit wierd down there (i mean as if the muscle which controls urine was a bit "tired"), if any serious damage can occur if you hold urine too much. I don't mean for hours, but for some minutes, just like in my case

That's all. Thanks

P.S: The "weird" feeling isn't probably from this incident as I have another problem (that I have posted in this forum) which makes me feel like that from time to time. Also, a detail is that I am 20 years old

Closed Thread