It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2006, 11:25 PM   #1
(male)

Student1079 HB User
Frequent urination and inner thigh pain

I'm a 22 year old male. About a week ago I began having a problem of urinating frequently. I also have a pain in my pubic area, but sometimes it feels like a pain might also be in my scrotum/testicles. It's really hard for me to distinguish if the pain is solely in my bladder area or also in my testicle area. Four days ago, I went to my GP. He tested my urine, and said it came back negative for a bladder infection but he put me on antibiotics anyways (sulfamethoxazole). So, I've been taking the antiobiotics for four days, but now I have pain radiating down to my inner thighs. The inner thigh pain appears to be on a tendon maybe? I feel it mostly midway between my knee and pelvic area. I've also noticed that when I urinate, it's often a weak stream, and it doesn't always come out in one smoothe stream. A few days ago, my left kidney was aching pretty bad, but that seems to have gone away. I'm drinking water as much as possible, but it's really frustrating having to urinate every 20 minutes when I continously drink water.

My GP told me to finish the antiobiotics (3 days left) and then check back with him, but within a few days I plan to make an appointment with a urologist instead. I'm wondering if others have had the same symptoms and what it sounds like to everyone? After doing research, to me it most sounds like prostatis or prostate cancer. I'm extremely worried and I can't concentrate in class because its been on my mind the past week.

Thanks in advance,
Kel

Last edited by Student1079; 08-28-2006 at 12:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2006, 09:04 AM   #2
(male)

distressed1 HB User
Re: Frequent urination and inner thigh pain

Kel,

Try and relax. I know it's hard to do. But 22 is very young for prostate cancer. I've had prostatitis a number of times over the years, and in fact am being treated for it now. Among many other symptoms, the symptoms of prostatitis can include frequent urination and pain in the testicles that could radiate into the pelvis, hips and thighs. Keep taking your meds and following the dr's orders. He may end up extending the course of antibiotics if he determines the problem to be prostatitis. I've read that 4-12 weeks of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories isn't out of the ordinary. Hang in there!

Old 08-28-2006, 05:52 PM   #3
(male)

Student1079 HB User

Thanks for the response, distressed. I still have 2 days of the antiobiotics, so I'll see how things are after I complete those 2 days. I think I'll schedule aan appointment with a urologist instead of my GP.

After looking around a bit, my symptoms also are similar to symptoms of kidney stones. But, I've read that when kidney stones get to the point where they often cause pain to radiate down your inner thighs, that it's VERY painful. I wouldn't describe my pain as very painful...it's pretty mild.

Anyways, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:37 AM   #4
(male)

neckwear HB User

sounds like prostatitis. I've been having similar problems for about 8 months now, and I'm only 28. There are a number of factors that can trigger these symptoms, a urologist should help you better understand why this is happening.

My advice would be to see the urologist, have the necessary tests, and relax. It is important to not let this get a hold of you psychologically. It will only make things worse. Yes, it's annoying but try to stay focused on getting better. Definitely excercise daily, drink plenty of water, try some stress relieving activities like yoga, breathing techniques, etc. Best of luck to you.

Old 09-04-2006, 03:19 PM   #5
(male)

ash0479 HB User

Make an appointment with a urologist...I did because I had an episode with frequent urination...while there they did an ultrasound og my testicles, checked my testes and scrotum and they also check my prostate, all came back normal. I continued to have frequncy so I went back and they did a sytoscopy of the bladder where they look inside the bladder for any irration or growths, still they found nothing...

I never had urgency's, however a few days prior to that I was doing some heavy landscaping lifting huge rocks and boulders, also played to straight days of softball swinging the bat over 100 times...I also started having back pains...went to my doc who put me on anti-infllamotries for the pain, which in turn has also stoppped the frequent urination...turns out I might have pulled a muslce or irrated a nerve that controls the bladder...

Bottom line, have a urologist check you out, try to find one that has everything in the office so that you can get results right away...mine did, otherwise you will have to go to out patient areas and wait for results and reports...good luck to you!

Closed Thread