It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #1
(male)

curiousboy08 HB User
triamcinolone acetonide cream

Okay, so about 3 or 4 weeks ago, my foreskin was red and irritated and I had a minimal blood in urine. Saw a doc, and he said I had balanitis, and take ciproflaxcin for about 5 days and things should be fine

I did that, but since then, the past two weeks, at random times, whether it's a slight movement of the legs while sitting or walking (movements that require penis to move or budge a little), I will feel a slight sting, like sting from paper cuts.... so at first I was not sure if it was coming from the head of my penis or the foreskin....last 2 weeks, I saw 2 different urologist and they said I looked find, and the pain can be possibly from little yeast infection from the balanitis and to just use some jock itch cream like lotrimin...

so the past 2 days, I have been puttin that on the head of my penis....but the past few days, I start to notice, I think the sting feeling may be coming from around the same area I had the slight red irritation on m foreskin when I had the balanitis a few weeks ago.

My guess is, perhaps, the irritation did not totally go away and while taking cipro, the cipro fixed most of the irritation and redness, but not 100%...so I havce heard there were some creams, that I can use to fix the irritation (well that's if my foreskin is still irritated…or possibly dry and cracked from after symptoms).....

I did some research and I think people have used triamcinolone acetonide cream for the redness and irritation on the foreskin (" itching, redness, dryness, crusting, scaling, inflammation, and discomfort of various skin conditions")..is this true and if so, has anyone used it and got great results or if anyone knows anyone who has used it..if so, please let me know how it all went...

I made an appt to see one of the urologist this coming monday, but if I can get good feedback on this, I may ask my uro if this is a possiblity for me to do, if I still have the problem by next monday.

thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2006, 01:56 PM   #2
(male)

mmunoz HB User
Thumbs up Re: triamcinolone acetonide cream

I have used this cream for skin problem's for about 2 yrs. and I have never had any problems with it. It really works and I recommend it. It's also very inexpensive.
mmunoz

Old 10-20-2006, 09:38 PM   #3
(male)

xandergr8 HB User
Re: triamcinolone acetonide cream

Interesting - this is a corticosteroid that I used to take as a nasal spray for allergies (Nasacort). I had no idea it was also used as a topical cream.

If the cream works the same way as the nasal spray, you will need to use it for a while before you see results. So don't give up too soon.

Old 10-22-2006, 07:17 PM   #4
(male)

WorryTooMuch HB User
Re: triamcinolone acetonide cream

Hi,

I too have been getting these "stingers" around the tip of my penis. I've gone to the urologist twice and the first time he gave me cipro. Took it for 10 days, but I'm still getting these stinging feeling. I was thinking maybe I was thinking about it too much and my mind was messing with me. Did you get your stinging feeling resolved? I will go back to the urologist and get looked at again. Maybe my foreskin is irritated and I need some cream or something.

Any advice would be greately appreciated. This is bugging me big time. Causing a lot of anxiety.

Closed Thread