It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
(female)

elphers HB User
sex possible with cystocele?

I have known about my bladder prolapse, or cystocele since September. Both of my parents are ill so an operation has been the last thing on my mind. It feels like my bladder has dropped more lately since I have to lift my Mother out of bed.
My question is-- I am afraid to try and have sex with my husband because of my bladder being in my vagina. Not to be graphic, but is there enough room for him? It feels like my bladder has filled me in down there, and I can't even imagine having intercourse. I feel bad for my hsuband and was wondering if anyone else has this problem
Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2007, 10:12 AM   #2
(female)

beachlovr HB User
Re: sex possible with cystocele?

I have the same problem. I feel like my bladder is inside my vagina too. Does not make me want to have sex. My husband has been very patient since I was diagnosed late last fall. Sex just hasn't been the same for me. I can empathize with you. What level cystocele do you have? Are you seeing a doctor anytime soon? I will be seeing one in early March to try out a pessary. However, pessaries cannot be worn during sex so that won't help that problem. Do you have any bladder symptoms from your prolapse? I get an urgency feeling some but no leakage at this point which I am grateful for.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
(female)

elphers HB User

beachlovr,
Thanks for replying! I don't know what level my prolapse is, but my Urologist and Gynecologist said that I need surgery. My gyne wants to do a hysterectomy at the same time. I always have the urgency and sometimes leaking, but not too often. Also sometimes I get cramping in my lower abdomen, which I have pills for that.
Are you considering having the bladder lift? My Dr. never even mentioned a pessary. I was supposed to have a pelvic exam on Monday, but had to cancel because I have to work. I can't afford to take 6 weeks off of work either. (for the surgery)
I do feel bad for my husband, but........
Good luck!!!!

Old 02-18-2007, 07:20 PM   #4
(female)

beachlovr HB User

elphers,
I recommend seeing a urogynecologist and NOT a urologist. There is a urogynecologist website that you can type in your state and find one that is near you. If you can't find it, I can post it here for you. Urogynecologists usually know all about pessaries and how to fit them. Also, please make sure that before you have ANY surgery that you get at least TWO doctor opinions. I have heard a story about a 50 something year old woman who had a bladder lift done by a regular urologist and this doctor used the wrong type of technique for someone this person's age. She now has trouble having sex with her husband because the mesh that was used should have only been used on someone who is older and no longer having sex. Have you had any children? If so, were they vaginal births?

Old 09-10-2007, 12:05 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

MulderMama HB User

I would like to resurrect this thread because I now have the same question but did not see an answer to the question.

I don't need to know about sex after surgery for cystocele, what I would like to know is about sex with cystocele.

I have level 1. I know how I feel during intercourse but not how he feels and I haven't the courage to ask him. He hasn't complained but then again he hasn't complimented either.

We're a new couple. And it is a new condition.

I'm jealous when I read the posts from women saying how they have talked to their husbands, etc. I very real fear for me is that this will weird him out he'll hit the bricks running.

If I had some suggestions on how to make the best of it that would be great.

Anyone?

Thanks!!

Old 09-12-2007, 10:23 PM   #6
(female)

Lynn8 HB User

[QUOTE=elphers;2792440]My question is-- I am afraid to try and have sex with my husband because of my bladder being in my vagina. Not to be graphic, but is there enough room for him? It feels like my bladder has filled me in down there, and I can't even imagine having intercourse. QUOTE]

Yes, don't worry, there is enough room for him. The bladder will be pushed aside by your husband's ...
When you lie down on your back, the bladder won't be in your vagina like when you are standing up.

Closed Thread