It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2007, 04:59 AM   #1
(female)

LovelyOne HB User
Possible kidney infection? Constant lower ab pain, side/back pain, smelly orange pee

My dr said I have a UTI, i've had them many times before only thing diff with this one is they found blood in my urine not naked to the eye, AND my symptoms are getting worse and new ones are popping up, now I have a constant pain in my lower abdomen, side/back pain on the left and right side, I am taking in what seems to be a ton of liquids and not urinating all that should come out (maybe?), dark/cloudy/smelly urine, and it seems my urine is "heavier" if that makes sense, because it looks like darker orange/yellow goes to the bottom of the toilet while the lighter yellow stays on top. I didn't even know I had a UTI in the beginning because I had no symptoms...it started with burning/stining upon urination, frequently peeing, and then cloudy urine....

Only other medical problems I have now are type 2 diabetes, and my liver tests came back high (dunno what is causing it yet need more tests), slightly elevated "bad" cholesterol (158) and higher bp 140/90 (came on after I got "sick"), edema of my lower legs/feet...Is this a kidney infection perhaps?

Maybe medicine caused this? I've been on Zithromax, Keflex, Clyndamyacin, Bactrim, Doxycycline, Insulin, had contrast dye injected, and some medication i recieved in the ER for dizziness (dunno what it was called). These have been the med's i've been on for the past 3 months (to fight bronchitis and a uti).

Last edited by LovelyOne; 04-02-2007 at 05:02 AM.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:54 PM   #2
(female)

LovelyOne HB User
Re: Possible kidney infection? Constant lower ab pain, side/back pain, smelly orange

It is kidney stones, she said there was no sign of a uti infection but she put me on Cipro just in case (other symptoms I am having). And yes, first time for kidney stones and it's extremely painful, I didn't get the pain meds though but im hoping it won't be too long before it passes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2007, 08:33 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User
Re: Possible kidney infection? Constant lower ab pain, side/back pain, smelly orange

Were you on insulin when you had the contrast? If so have your creatine and BUN tested ASAP.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
(female)

LovelyOne HB User

I was not on insulin at the time, they only gave me 2 meds when they gave me the contrast dye which was benadryl and something else which i couldn't understand what the hell the nurse said it was but im sure it wasn't insulin. The only time I had insulin before that was a week prior.

Closed Thread