It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2007, 07:00 PM   #1
(male)

strobers HB User
Ejaculation and Urinary Problems

I've read all the posts on this board is regards to urinary issues and wanted to share the hell I have been going thru to see if anyone can relate and offer their advice.

Over the last year and a half my need to void has steadily increased to about one time an hour. However, on April 6th of this year, after masturbating to climax, I not only had the urge to void, but afterwards I still felt that I hadn't gone. I still felt full. I would go again in 15 minutes and actually void quite a bit. Yet, when I "finished" it still felt like I still needed to go. It was the most horrible feeling. After about a week I went to my GP who referred me to a urologist.

The urologist did a urine culture and it came back negative. I had two bladder ultrasounds and they came out normal. He then had me get a cup and measure my urine output. I was going about 15 to 20 times per day.

From April 6th until April 27th I refrained from any sexual activity since masturbating seemed to be the cause of the problem. On the 27th I had a followup appointment with my urologist and he assured me that masturbation to climax had absolutely nothing to do with my problem and he prescribed me Vesicare. At this point I was feeling much better although I had a very low-grade desire to void, but when I was distracted/busy it was fairly easy to forget the issue.

When I got home I had the urge to masturbate, which I did, and my problem came back with a vengence as it did after I masturbated on the 6th. I had the same urge to void, I would go into the restroom void normally and still feel like I hadn't gone. It lasted this time for about three day and then retreated to where I was feeling better. At this point I was petrified of masturbating again for fear it would come back so I kept myself busy. Even though I didn't not engage in anything sexual, five days later May 4th I began to have the same severe symptoms as I did on the 6th and 27th of April, but this time it was not precipitated by masturbation. Today is May 6th and I've spent the weekend just miserable not knowing what to do. I'm not comfortable taking the Vesicare because I don't like taking medication for a symptom when the problem hasn't been identified yet.

What's bizarre is that I feel absolutely no pain anywhere, whatsoever. I void normally. Nothing hurts or burns. I have no aches or pains. The only symptoms I have is this maddening urge to void all the time. I can void pretty much every 15 minutes, but I try to make myself wait for at least 30 to 45 minutes as uncomfortable as it is. I void when I go, but never feel like I empty bladder. I walk out of the restroom and still feel full with the urgency to void.

Could masturbation/frequent sex cause this kind of problem?
Why aren't the symptoms constant?
I eat super healthy and work out. I'm in very good shape for a 45 year old. I'm not diabetic.
Any ideas?

I have been going crazy with this, but knowing so many of you exist really has helped me keep myself together. There has to be a reason why this is happening. There has to be an explanation. I just don't want to keep on living like this. It's too much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 06:36 AM   #2
(male)

strobers HB User
Re: Ejaculation and Urinary Problems

Can somebody please give some advice, their thoughts or a word of encouragement? I feel like I never posted anything. I feel more by myself than ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobers View Post
I've read all the posts on this board is regards to urinary issues and wanted to share the hell I have been going thru to see if anyone can relate and offer their advice.

Over the last year and a half my need to void has steadily increased to about one time an hour. However, on April 6th of this year, after masturbating to climax, I not only had the urge to void, but afterwards I still felt that I hadn't gone. I still felt full. I would go again in 15 minutes and actually void quite a bit. Yet, when I "finished" it still felt like I still needed to go. It was the most horrible feeling. After about a week I went to my GP who referred me to a urologist.

The urologist did a urine culture and it came back negative. I had two bladder ultrasounds and they came out normal. He then had me get a cup and measure my urine output. I was going about 15 to 20 times per day.

From April 6th until April 27th I refrained from any sexual activity since masturbating seemed to be the cause of the problem. On the 27th I had a followup appointment with my urologist and he assured me that masturbation to climax had absolutely nothing to do with my problem and he prescribed me Vesicare. At this point I was feeling much better although I had a very low-grade desire to void, but when I was distracted/busy it was fairly easy to forget the issue.

When I got home I had the urge to masturbate, which I did, and my problem came back with a vengence as it did after I masturbated on the 6th. I had the same urge to void, I would go into the restroom void normally and still feel like I hadn't gone. It lasted this time for about three day and then retreated to where I was feeling better. At this point I was petrified of masturbating again for fear it would come back so I kept myself busy. Even though I didn't not engage in anything sexual, five days later May 4th I began to have the same severe symptoms as I did on the 6th and 27th of April, but this time it was not precipitated by masturbation. Today is May 6th and I've spent the weekend just miserable not knowing what to do. I'm not comfortable taking the Vesicare because I don't like taking medication for a symptom when the problem hasn't been identified yet.

What's bizarre is that I feel absolutely no pain anywhere, whatsoever. I void normally. Nothing hurts or burns. I have no aches or pains. The only symptoms I have is this maddening urge to void all the time. I can void pretty much every 15 minutes, but I try to make myself wait for at least 30 to 45 minutes as uncomfortable as it is. I void when I go, but never feel like I empty bladder. I walk out of the restroom and still feel full with the urgency to void.

Could masturbation/frequent sex cause this kind of problem?
Why aren't the symptoms constant?
I eat super healthy and work out. I'm in very good shape for a 45 year old. I'm not diabetic.
Any ideas?

I have been going crazy with this, but knowing so many of you exist really has helped me keep myself together. There has to be a reason why this is happening. There has to be an explanation. I just don't want to keep on living like this. It's too much.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:19 AM   #3
(male)

gooby HB User

Well, I'm not sure I can give you too much advice because you do have some unique symptoms but I will acknowledge your posting. I am on this board daily and did not see your first post. Sometimes people do get overlooked, sometimes folks have nothing to offer.

anyway, what little I may be able to add;

If you void every 15 minutes, how much urine are you passing each time. Don;t know about you but if I tried to pee every 1/4 hour, there wouldn;t be anything to let out.

My first bit of advice would be to get back to the uro, or if you are not satisfied with the current one, go to a different one. I have come across docs that I felt either did not really care to find the problem or couldn;t. That isn;t to say they were bad docs or good, just I didn;t "click" with them and they often failed to satisfy MY need for an answer.

A couple other things that come to mind;

If you masturbate often and have semen enough to do ejaculate, your seminal vesicles are apparently very active. My thoughts were that your semen production may be causing some pressure on the bladder causing the feeling you have. Now mind you, that is just a layman's thoughts, no med training to back that up what-so-ever.

If your urine output is minimal each time you urinate, an elarged prostate comes to mind.

If your urine output is seemingly too much (such as you have a moderate amount of urine several times, or even once per hour) diabetes comes to mind.

The bottom line, find a doc that you are comfortable with and do NOT give up if s/he finds "nothing". There are often causes they simply fail to identify. If they give you meds and you do not return, they simply believe you are doing fine. If you aren;t, go back and tell them.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:51 AM   #4
(female)

coty HB User

I agree with Gooby, it took me several doctors to find the one that found the problem. And guess what, he was the one that actually listened when I explained how and what I felt instead of dismissing me for a UTI. Visit a different doctor, try to find one that will pay attention to your symptoms.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
(male)

strobers HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooby View Post
Well, I'm not sure I can give you too much advice because you do have some unique symptoms but I will acknowledge your posting. I am on this board daily and did not see your first post. Sometimes people do get overlooked, sometimes folks have nothing to offer.

anyway, what little I may be able to add;

If you void every 15 minutes, how much urine are you passing each time. Don;t know about you but if I tried to pee every 1/4 hour, there wouldn;t be anything to let out.

Thank you Gooby for your reply. Actually, I probably could go every 15 minutes, but like I said earlier I just kind of wait for a more appropriate amount of time. My Urologist said that I am going frequently with little amounts. He based this on my Urine Log.

Sunday, April 22, 2007 12:21 a.m. 4 ½ oz
Sunday, April 22, 2007 1:41 4 oz
Sunday, April 22, 2007 7:20 11 ½ oz
Sunday, April 22, 2007 8:00 1 ½ oz
Sunday, April 22, 2007 9:04 2 oz
Sunday, April 22, 2007 9:45 1 oz
Sunday, April 22, 2007 10:17 2 oz
Sunday, April 22, 2007 11:38 5 oz
Sunday, April 22, 2007 12:01 1 oz
Sunday, April 22, 2007 1:03 1 oz
Sunday, April 22, 2007 1:37 4 oz
Sunday, April 22, 2007 2:18 1 ½ oz
Sunday, April 22, 2007 3:46 2 ½ oz
Sunday, April 22, 2007 4:25 1 ½ oz
Sunday, April 22, 2007 8:38 4 ½ oz
Sunday, April 22, 2007 10:49 5 1/4

My first bit of advice would be to get back to the uro, or if you are not satisfied with the current one, go to a different one. I have come across docs that I felt either did not really care to find the problem or couldn;t. That isn;t to say they were bad docs or good, just I didn;t "click" with them and they often failed to satisfy MY need for an answer.

I agree. The one I am seeing has 37 years experience, but he strikes me as someone who thinks inside the box. I'm seeing him this Friday. If he continues to push meds on me and is resistent to looking for a real answer to my problem then I will find another one.

A couple other things that come to mind;

If you masturbate often and have semen enough to do ejaculate, your seminal vesicles are apparently very active. My thoughts were that your semen production may be causing some pressure on the bladder causing the feeling you have. Now mind you, that is just a layman's thoughts, no med training to back that up what-so-ever.

I'll mention this to the doctor. Maybe the masturbation isn't causing it per se, but it is aggrevating it in some way. That didn't really cross my mind.

If your urine output is minimal each time you urinate, an elarged prostate comes to mind.

Based on what I posted, would that be condidered minimal? Personally, I thought it was a lot. My primary care physician gave me a digital exam and he said my protate was normal, but maybe it needs to be taken again.

If your urine output is seemingly too much (such as you have a moderate amount of urine several times, or even once per hour) diabetes comes to mind.

I had myself tested for that. My hemoglobin test was 5.8. 7 and above means the person is diabetic. My glucose level was normal too. I don't think that is the issue either unfortunatly.

The bottom line, find a doc that you are comfortable with and do NOT give up if s/he finds "nothing". There are often causes they simply fail to identify. If they give you meds and you do not return, they simply believe you are doing fine. If you aren;t, go back and tell them.
Thanks for the advice. It's appreciated

Old 05-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #6
(male)

strobers HB User

Hello Alli,

With IC, isn't there also burning/pain? I have absolutely no pain at all, anywhere. I thought that too, but I don't seem to fit the criteria for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie_2448 View Post
Ditto go for another opinion...a lot of us here have gone for 2nd or 3rd opinions..we have to be our own advocate with our health..the heath care system is not what it use to be.

It sounds like you might have IC..it's more common in women but men get this also.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:03 PM   #7
(male)

gooby HB User

for the most part it seems your bathroom visits produce a very small amount of urine.

I would make sure the prostate is ruled out as the problem. An enlarged prostate or prostatitus could cause the frequent urination with the feeling of not being empty.

From my understanding typically prostatitus tends to cause some other symptoms such as pain or even burning but as with every human out there, there are always exceptions to the norm.

If it is the prostate (either of the two possibilities I mentioned or maybe even others) it would make logical sense (to me anyway) that the ejaculation situation could cause additional problems with you.

good luck with the doc and keep us up to date. I hate watching most of a movie and missing the end. I think we all like happy endings.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:25 AM   #8
(male)

suttonmassive HB User

Quote:
I would make sure the prostate is ruled out as the problem. An enlarged prostate or prostatitus could cause the frequent urination with the feeling of not being empty.
Agreed - I just saw the fourth doctor at our local surgery about my ongoing residual symptoms after a UTI (detailed in the Men's Health forum... look for the only thread I've started). Finally... someone who asked me some searching questions and listened to my full story of varying symptoms and self-observations! Oh, and he examined me properly (admittedly by sticking his finger up my bum, which isn't a leisure pursuit I'd choose, but hey... ).

Rather than lazily suggesting an "irritable bladder" and telling me to give up caffeine or spicy food, he suggested that prostatitis is the most likely problem and prescribed some different antibiotics and set me up for a kidney x-ray. I've had discomfort with ejaculation, as well as the sensitivity/irritation in my bladder, so this sounds more plausible.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:11 PM   #9
(male)

strobers HB User

Quote:
for the most part it seems your bathroom visits produce a very small amount of urine.

From my understanding typically prostatitus tends to cause some other symptoms such as pain or even burning but as with every human out there, there are always exceptions to the norm.

If it is the prostate (either of the two possibilities I mentioned or maybe even others) it would make logical sense (to me anyway) that the ejaculation situation could cause additional problems with you.

good luck with the doc and keep us up to date. I hate watching most of a movie and missing the end. I think we all like happy endings.
Good Morning,

I just wanted to give everyone on the board an update on my condition.

I went to see my urologist on Friday, May 11. He gave me a list of foods that he does not want me to eat, put me on Doxycycline 100 mgs/2 times per day, and told me to start taking the Vesicare and this Monday I'm scheduled for a Cyctoscope.

On Wednesday, the 10th, I made the mistake of masturbating again. Thursday, I woke up feeling like my bladder was ready to explode. It was almost painful. I tried to ignore it, but it was almost impossible. I actually left work and started pacing like a crazy person because I couldn't stand the feeling. I voided, but went into a panic when afterward I felt exactly the same. I think if I had a gun I would have killed myself. It was that bad. I wound up going to a friends house and she gave me 2 mg of Ativan to take, which basically knocked me out. When I got up a few hours later, the pain in my bladder had retreated to what I'm feeling at this moment, very annoying and uncomfortable but generally controllable.

My urologist feels that I have something called LUDE (lower urinary dysfuncitonal epithelium) In a nutshell the epithelium is the the protective layer in our bladder. He thinks that in my case this layer has been compromised for some reason and the urine in my bladder is irritating the bladder, hence the constant need to urinate and the constant need to void.

He believes that when I orgasm, which is technically a synchronized mass of muscles in the abdominal/pubic and pelvic region controlled by various nerves, that we feel in our mind as a pleasureable sensation, my bladder is getting over stimulated with these impulses, which causes my symtoms to get way, way, way, worse. In essence, having an orgasm is exacerbating my symptoms. That's his theory anyway.

At this point I am going to see him on Monday for the Cystoscope. Correct me if I'm wrong, but will the Cystoscope exam rule out most everything?

Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:19 PM   #10
(male)

Zwentin HB User

Hey Stobers, keep me updated on any information you get concerning your problem. It seams I have the exact same situation. I get urges every 15 mins, more commonly when I'm trying to sleep and in the morning. I've had to go over 20 times in one day before. I went to my doctor also about this. He tested my blood pressure, tested my blood for diabeties, and tested my urine for any type of infection. All those test went smoothly and he said he doesn't know what the problem is. He told me to go to a urologist if the problems continue but unfortunately my health insurance is not too good so I have to save up some cash first. But it is extremely annoying and I wish I knew what the problem was and could fix it.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:35 AM   #11
(male)

4447 HB User

Chronic masturbation causes some bad symptoms, Like tiredness, Dizzy, Fatigue
and not really but somtimes small urine problems that clear up in a few hours

Ok so basically lower lower urinary dysfunctional epithelium IS THE POSSIBLE PROBLEM!

so good luck! And that LUDE condition is rare!

I learned something as do did many other who read this thread. When there is a problem there is always a solution most of the time

I didn't know what in the blue was wrong with you, since you said you got all test done and ity was fine but now that you mentioned LUDE it all comes into place!@

Last edited by 4447; 05-21-2007 at 03:36 AM.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:44 PM   #12
(male)

strobers HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4447 View Post
Chronic masturbation causes some bad symptoms, Like tiredness, Dizzy, Fatigue
and not really but somtimes small urine problems that clear up in a few hours

Ok so basically lower lower urinary dysfunctional epithelium IS THE POSSIBLE PROBLEM!

so good luck! And that LUDE condition is rare!

I learned something as do did many other who read this thread. When there is a problem there is always a solution most of the time

I didn't know what in the blue was wrong with you, since you said you got all test done and ity was fine but now that you mentioned LUDE it all comes into place!@
I don't know anything any more. I read a book called, "A Headache in the Pelvis" and it describes many of the symptoms I have and others have complained about. The last test I had showed everything was fine. The doctor says there is no way I have IC and is sticking with his LUDE theory. I saw a physical therapist last week who think I just have a very sensitive bladder rather than CPPS (Chronic Pelvic Pain Symptom) which is what I personally thought I had due to the fact that I was a chronic masturbator and was under an incredible amount of stress. I'll say one thing, stress and anxiety really exacerbate symptoms. My doctor started me on anxiety meds and they have really helped me keep myself under control. I'm not completely well, but I am doing much better. My problem is intermittent rather than constant, so that's a good thing. I'm seeing another urologist next week and I'm wondering what his take on all this is going to be. For those of you who are still doing poorly, read the book I mentioned earlier. It has some excellent information especially concerning relaxation techniques and other things you can do to relieve your system. It's really helped me. Keep in touch.

Closed Thread