It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
(male)

kdice HB User
Frequent Urge to Urinate - Very Perplexed

Hi, I am a 21 year old male and recently I have found that I have a frequent urge to urinate. I dont think it has to do with any UTI or any other health issues but my condition is as follows, any comments would be much appreciated.

1) I don't do drugs/alchohol
2) Don't have stds
3) Urge to urinate started after an incident where I held my bladder to an excessive extent (about 2 weeks ago)
4) My urge to urinate is most noticible when I am anxious
5) Bladder/urethra does not hurt when I urinate
6) the amount of urine varies in amount from normal to little
7) Urine is normal color, possibly a bit yellow but no red/black etc.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:35 PM   #2
(female)

Ihurttoo HB User
Re: Frequent Urge to Urinate - Very Perplexed

Though you dont think it is a UTI, have you had that possibility ruled out by a urine test? If not, I urge you to call your Dr. to have that ruled out. Even if they dipstick the urine and it doesnt show anything, ask them to grow a culture to be sure. Sometimes I have had one show up when they cultured my urine that the dipstick missed.

There are many different things that can cause this, and truly only a Dr. can tell you for sure. However, in the meantime, here are a few things you can do to treat the symptoms.

First, try taking a warm bath (not a shower), to help relax your pelvic floor muscles. This can sometimes calm down the feeling of urgency. Drinking cranberry juice can also help make your urine more acidic, making it more difficult for bacteria to stick to the bladder wall, (in case a UTI is brewing.) Try to avoid caffine and carbonated beverages, as both can aggrevate this symptom. You can also try an OTC med like AZO Standard. It is a med that will turn your urine blue, and can help with freq/urg. It might also be helpful to massage the perineum (the muscle between your penis and anus.) It is a technique that is often used by Physical Therapists for patients with this problem.

I hope that something helps and you get relief soon.

Sincerely,
Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread