It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2007, 10:17 PM   #1
(male)

dstarsfan07 HB User
Burning Pain While Urinating

Alright so this is my first post. I had to find some intelligent people on health subjects to help me out because I really don't feel like going to a doctor, so I registered here.

Before I describe my issue, some other information - I'm male, 19 about to turn 20, and no I have no STD's, and I'm 100% sure I don't. Also, I'm quite healthy. I've never been to the hospital for anything other than a bad sunburn. I'm rarely sick.

Hopefully that helps.

To the problem..

When I urinate, there's a burning/stinging feeling. Some of the symptoms I've found for Urinary Tract Infection were discomfort in the abdomen, pelvis, and genitals, blood while urinating, cloudy urine/strong odor, difficulty urinating, fever, frequent urination, leaking, fullness, or the burning/stinging feeling.

I have absolutely NONE of these symptoms except the burning/stinging feeling.

Other illnesses which seemed to be close to UTI are Urethritis, Kidney Infection, Bladder Cancer, Bladder Stones, Chlamydia, Hydronephrosis, Interstitial cystitis, Polycystic kidney disease, Trichomoniasis.

All of which have symptoms that I don't have, except for the burning.

So, my question is, obviously, what exactly is wrong with me? The ONLY problem is this burning. I feel fine everywhere else.

This has happened twice before that I can remember, possibly three times. The most recent time was about a week or two ago. Before that, it was like six months to a year or something like that.

I imagine I'd know if it was something serious. There'd be some other indication, or at least I'm hoping so.

So there. That's all. I hope some of you had the patience to read all this, and I hope someone has a logical reason for this along with an easy treatment without the help of a doctor.

Thank you in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2007, 09:32 PM   #2
(female)

Pinky110 HB User
Re: Burning Pain While Urinating

I think you can buy a test at the drugstore to test to see if you have a urine infection. (If not, you might have to go to the doctor to give a sample.)

I wish you luck!

Old 10-23-2007, 11:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User
Re: Burning Pain While Urinating

How are your fluid intake? Do you drink plent of water? If so, try drinking some cranberry juice once or twice a day. It's very good for men, and it will flush out any bug (infection) you might have. When we don't get enough healthy fluids inside of us, it makes our urine extra strong when we do urinate, causing a burning sensation. Is your urine really yellow in color? If so, you should drink more water. That's just an un-educated guess to why you're having this problem. I think quite a few of us, men and women experience a burning sensation at times when we urinate, but with out seeing a doctor, who knows. I'm sure you're fine though.

Closed Thread